Gotta say, MFP is disappointing more each day

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Hi
    I just started and it too calculated my daily calorie total at 1200 and I had put that I would like to lose 3 stone. I was very surprised at this low figure too as it is not really enough calories for an adult to get through the day.
    Then you need to have a more realistic time frame of how long you want to take to lose weight. What are you expecting it to do? Fudge the numbers?

This, and as a 52yr old female (without having any other stats to go on), 1200 net could 100% be on point.
  • kickivale
    kickivale Posts: 260 Member
    I never want to say anything hurtful or demeaning on this site because it's about positive change.
    But this particular post begs for one phrase:

Personal accountability.
  • I didn't specify a time frame actually.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    I didn't specify a time frame actually.

It's part of putting in your goals.

I want to lose X weight per week.
  • Very rude nasty reply from you. I think I shall not use this site after all. Thanks anyway.
  • Hi
    I just started and it too calculated my daily calorie total at 1200 and I had put that I would like to lose 3 stone. I was very surprised at this low figure too as it is not really enough calories for an adult to get through the day.
    Then you need to have a more realistic time frame of how long you want to take to lose weight. What are you expecting it to do? Fudge the numbers?

You are the lady who I just sent that reply to.
  • acarmelo1
    acarmelo1 Posts: 76 Member
    OP deactivated her account. Too much Bashing here.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Hi

This, and as a 52yr old female (without having any other stats to go on), 1200 net could 100% be on point.

This is true. I am 50 and fairly sedentary. 5'6". I maintain around 1500-1600 calories, so 1200 a day gives me less than a pound a week. Reality is harsh sometimes. But I find if I eat high protein, fiber, and healthy fats, lots of veggies, and limit my sugar and processed carbs, then I am fine with 1200 cals. It is a bit harder to fit in some foods I like, but if I am careful with portion control I can do that on occasion. It is all about choices.

ETA Ahh, too slow on the posting. Or she had her finger on the deactivate button before she even made her first post.
  • I too chose to lose 2lbs per week and got 1200 as my calorie goal. I thought it was very low too but I guess 2lbs per week is a pretty aggressive goal. I started working out 5 times per week just so I can get more calories to eat daily. I personally feel really good at this calorie so I am continuing with it....but not everyone is the same. If 1200 feels too low to you and you aren't feeling well at this limit -- then definitely change your weekly goal to give you more calories. And make sure the calories you are eating are nutritious. Not all calories are created equal!

Anyways, just remember to eat the calories you earn from exercising. You want to end the day at 1200 not at negative, which is what will happen if you aren't eating your workout calories.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    2 rage quits in one thread?

Is that an MFP record?
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    As OP was weak and went the RageQuit route:

mlfw3909-tldrblack.gif
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member

Is that an MFP record?

I think so. And the flounces thrown in for good measure!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I didn't specify a time frame actually.

Yes, you did.

Telling it X pounds and Y pounds/week is the exact definition of telling it a "time frame".

Basic math...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member

Is that an MFP record?

You know they're still lurking...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    OP deactivated her account. Too much common sense here

Fix't
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member

Is that an MFP record?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnTxexDjvFic8w8OyGL7WbB6NGX-4_AFObbw48PzP3H73VsJH2
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I never want to say anything hurtful or demeaning on this site because it's about positive change.
    But this particular post begs for one phrase:

Personal accountability.

MFP needs a LIKE button! I like this!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Is that an MFP record?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnTxexDjvFic8w8OyGL7WbB6NGX-4_AFObbw48PzP3H73VsJH2

Annnnd laughed until I teared up.

Srsly tho, Annie Bot is OP.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    So you basically signed up to use a tool without even understanding or learning how the tool works or why you would be entering the information that you would enter and now you're just pissy about not knowing what the hell you are doing...

sounds-legit.gif

You do realize that there are stickies and whatnot that you're supposed to read when you sign up...also, right next the the one Lb per week goal it says....wait for it...."recommended". You do still have to provide some brains...the calculator is just a calculator...it isn't magic...it isn't going to do the work for you.

Again, I need a "LIKE" button!