100 pounds to lose.

Options

Replies

• KatelinHaglund
    Options
    The first time I used MFP I lost over 50 lbs but then got out of the habit of logging my calories and then eventually out of the habit of exercising and gained 55 lbs back. This month I started using MFP again and have started a new exercise routine. I have 110 lbs total to lose but am starting with getting back to where I was 2 years ago. Best of luck to everyone!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I still have 85lbs to go what works for me is logging all food and daily exercise
  • tierybm
    Options
    I have 100+ pounds to lose. I have set a goal for myself in August, but I am not holding too closely to that. I will try my hardest, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I don't make it. I've lost about 15-20 lbs so far. I cut out sodas and am drinking more water, exercising (T25 and yoga) and just walking more, and trying a more Mediterranean diet, i.e. fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, and olive oil. ^^ Good luck, we can do this!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to drop 100-104, but looking to accomplish that over 18-24 months. I'm 39 down now (since 1st Jan), but I'm expecting that loss rate to taper off soon (I said that last week too). It took a decade for the pounds to pile on, so I know it will take some time for them to come off. As far as what I am doing:
    - walking at least 20-30 mins, 3x per day (can't run due to arthritic knee)
    - lots of whole foods/grains
    - lots of fruits and vegs
    - no more foods with added sugar
    - lots of water
    - logging all of my food intake, so that a) I can't cheat or b) if I do cheat, the numbers stare me in the face
    - turning off the TV and getting sleep

Feel free to add me.
  • lbatton
    lbatton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started two years ago with a goal of dropping 100 pounds. I only have 25 pounds left to go. My advise is to take is slow and be realistic about your goals. Rapid weight loss, without surgical intervention, often does not translate into long term success. Take the time to change your behavior and focus on overall health, not just weight loss. For me it has been a journey.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've lost close to 100lbs. As of last year at this time, I had lost 115, but sadly gained some back.

Comments:
    It's one step at a time.
    Realize that any loss is progress!!
    Don't expect it to drop off all at once....it's going to take time.
    0-2 pound(s) loss a week is considered a healthy rate of weight loss.
    FIBER FIBER FIBER (Look into Chocolite Protein Bars www.healthsmartfoods.com)
    WATER WATER WATER.
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started in January with a goal to lose 100 lbs over the next year. I am just watching the calories and walking at least 2 miles every day.

Eating less and walking has started to become a habit so I think I can keep this up.

Good luck to you!
  • abalipadi
    abalipadi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am here to lose over 100 pounds too. Its going really slow for me. Would love to join in with you so that we can help eachother.
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to lose that much weight in a short amount of time - check out the book by the biggest loser doctor. Below is the link. He had similiar results with at home contestants compared to people on the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Where-Did-All-Fat-Weight/dp/1931290571
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose too. I started January 6th. You are welcome to add me. I have been logging in everyday and try to be supportive. My focus is on eating healthier foods and logging everything (Just started this week with logging). I think it is a big help.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If you plan what to eat, record everything that passes your lips, and move every day more than you did before you started you will achieve the goal of losing weight and getting healthier.

Imposing artificial time limits on natural body activity doesn't help me AT ALL and can give me an artificial sense of inadequacy if I pass a time designation without meeting its assigned weight loss.

Consider carefully before you decide you want to impose this upon yourself.
  • abbeyoconnor99
    abbeyoconnor99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am on the same mission! I started January with a weight of 297lbs and my goal is to loose half by the end of June and and the other half by the end of December. So far I have lost 16lbs and I feel great. i'd love to do this "together on here", can you add me as a friend on Myfitnesspal? mandipurcell87. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to discuss what I'm doing and exchange tips and such. Right at this minute I am getting ready to leave my place, but I will be back on tonight. Good luck!

would you mind if i also add you as we seem to also be on the same page :bigsmile: i'd love to be able to discuss tips with more people :happy:
  • Iceman420
    Options
    I need to lose 291 pounds, and I'm hoping to reach the 50% mark this year. Losing 145 pounds in 10.5 months feels like an impossible mission, but I am going to try!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, i have 150+ to lose! hope to lose 100 by the end of this year but my body will tell me what is possible.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    Yep....and gone forever...

Start and don't quit...cause you will fall off and gain back at some point but just don't let it get away from you...

Work hard at it...plan your meals, plan to exercise (cause you will never "find" the time)...

And NEVER QUIT!!!
  • loriwarnerpaulsen
    loriwarnerpaulsen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on this journey with you!!! I want to lose about 95 to 105 pounds. I started February 3rd. I'm down about 16 pounds. I feel good about that but realize that from here on, it will be much slower. I would love to be supportive to others and also get tips and ideas.

And KUDOS to you for starting this mission!! Getting rolling can be the hardest part, so GREAT for you!!!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    100 to lose. Down 20 so far. I know my first 20 came off pretty fast, so I'm anticipating much slower results going forward. Slow and steady!
  • Lucha4Life
    Options
    Add me peoples.. I have long journey to go and some bad habits I'm struggling with -- like fast food ('healthy') options while I'm working because of no food prep, yadda yadda. Looking for people who are in it for the long run who like to motivate and want motivation.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I am a mother 4 and happily married. I use to weigh 330pds, I have since lost 119pds with about 50 to go! Good luck, you got this!
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm on this 100+ pound journey with y'all too. Honestly I'm just glad that there are more of us out there so I don't feel alone in this (seemingly) impossible task! I'm trying to keep away from the surgical options while battling High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, and all the super fun stuff that goes with it. Let's help each other to stay on track and We CAN Do It!

Happy Losing!
    Jenn