Hi

Options
I am brand new to myfitnesspal and am looking forward to any guidance, help and handy tips you can provide me with to reach my goals.

Replies

• Trulyda1
    Options
    It is hard work, & dedication. I really can't give you any advice because I have been slacking myself. But I gotta get this weight off. The holidays make it even harder to lose. But I'm gonna try & stick to it. I think I'm gonna start back on Monday. Wish me luck, & good luck to you as well.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to myfitnesspal and am looking forward to any guidance, help and handy tips you can provide me with to reach my goals.

First you start by adding a few new friends to share the experience with (feel free to add me), then spend a little time reading the forums (particularly the ones marked *****READ ME FIRST BEFORE YOU POST***** heheh). Learn everything you can. There are so many people here with tons of experience and excellent advice.

Next, log ALL of your food EVERY DAY. Move your body EVERY DAY. Burn more calories than you eat EVERY DAY.

And the most important piece of advice? Don't make excuses. Just do it 'cuz it *really* works! =)
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    It is very hard and I have tried several times with just excercise but never really getting far in that department either. When my sister got married this past October and I was looking at the wedding pics I was shocked, beyond shocked I couldn't believe that I had let things get that far out of control. That is when I made the decision, enough is enough and it is really time. Thanx for the response and I look forward to chatting through this experience.
  • lehuagirl
    lehuagirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Thank you - looking forward to seeing my goal.