Muscely women thighs. How do i slim down??

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat. Your muscles are probably retaining water and the fat over them makes them look bulky. If you reduce your overall body fat eating at a moderate deficit you will slim them down.

This.
  • vdolmstead
    vdolmstead Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Muscle burns calories like crazy. They really aid in your over-all weight loss program. I'd wait to worry about them until you get where you're going. Chances are, as you moderate your burn, they'll behave.
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    yeah to thos who said strong thighs r sexy! be proud of thos thighs that carry u around everyday and get u thru thos intense workouts! I am a runner & used to wish I cld some day wear certain name brand jeans. now they need to embrace fit muscular thighs:-)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    ...are you sure its not just swelling under fat making your legs seem bigger? Because, tbh, if you've gained muscle in 3 weeks at a deficit while I've been strength training for months and have yet to gain any muscle (retained: hopefully. Gained? No) I'm gonna be honest and say I'm jealous.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    How did your thighs get "muscely"?

Two weeks of cardio, and 3 weeks of lifting?

You must tell me your secrets. I've been lifting and running for a year and a half and still feel like I have chicken legs. :sad:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Have you tried rebounding on a mini tramp?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    We should be able to like forum comments.
    i second this….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

You must tell me your secrets. I've been lifting and running for a year and a half and still feel like I have chicken legs. :sad:

she must have a mini trampoline...
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    They may just be big from water/glycogen. Mine did that and very quickly got as big as the muscles had ever been (and I was sporty, too, growing up). But it only lasted like that a few weeks. Now it's very hard to get them back to it. They are much better than before lifting but not like they were after just a few weeks of it.

I used to think I gained muscle at the drop of a hat :D Apparently I just swell easily ;)

Edit: My profile pics show my thighs while lifting, btw.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Every woman is made differently. Some women naturally have slimmer thighs, hips, arms, etc and some women don't. Love you for you and appreciate what you have because it really is true the grass is always greener. I would kill for curly instead of straight hair, blue eyes instead of brown and the cute freckles a ginger is supposed to have :grumble: but it ain't gonna happen any time soon.:ohwell:

To attempt to address the actual question the OP presented just work on decreasing your over all body fat and lifting with more reps and less weight and maybe you can slim down your body OVER ALL because it's true you can not spot reduce.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BOING
  • Achrya
    Options

That must be it! Forget barbells ladies; brb ordering a mini tramp of Amazon. All the muscles and cellulite reduction will be mine. I'm sure I'll be back in a few weeks with truly amazing results.

Also the stair stepper and womanly lunges.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

4 day cellulite remover right here!
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options

That must be it! Forget barbells ladies; brb ordering a mini tramp of Amazon. All the muscles and cellulite reduction will be mine. I'm sure I'll be back in a few weeks with truly amazing results.

Weeks?
    You must be doing it wrong, you only need days :laugh:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    BOING

I think Crank wants me o dream about her.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Muscely women thighs = sexy.
  • Achrya
    Options

Weeks?

Hey, That's not nice! You're supposed to support me on my journey! That's what the forums are for!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BOING

I think Crank wants me to dream about her.
    aye
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Weeks?

Hey, That's not nice! You're supposed to support me on my journey! That's what the forums are for!

Noooo, the forums are for nasty bullies to not believe impossible 'facts'
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I love mine and I will be keeping them. :)