Long Lean Muscles

Options

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I tried stretching it. Did not get any longer. Is sad.

It might be because you didn't have the 4 Horses.....invest in the horses. It might be worth it

Oh thats the trick. I was doing kettle bell swings. :glasses:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    8MeA4uQ.jpg
    And DavPul's user name finally makes sense!:bigsmile:

is that his basement?

No that's my basement and my first husband. I don't know how that DavPul guy got those pictures though...they're supposed to be private
  • Achrya
    Options
    ballet lessons is the way to get long lean muscles. personal experience. no bs.

Thank you! A serious response at last
  • jeneferphillips89
    Options
    I tried stretching it. Did not get any longer. Is sad.

It might be because you didn't have the 4 Horses.....invest in the horses. It might be worth it

Oh thats the trick. I was doing kettle bell swings. :glasses:

oh boy, I'd just about pay to see that....no. I would pay to see that
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey, my response was serious. But I don't have personal experience. Except that my Body Pump instructor always tells me on the bicep track to make sure that I bring the barbell all the way to my thighs or I'll "shorten" the muscle. So I do as she says.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    8MeA4uQ.jpg
    And DavPul's user name finally makes sense!:bigsmile:

is that his basement?
    Yeah he was saying on his wall that he just had the contractor out to install the new torches.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    ballet lessons is the way to get long lean muscles. personal experience. no bs.

My quads react differently to ballet, yeah (compared to gymnastics, for example). I'm pretty sure the turnout and movements cause it to not build up certain heads of the quads. But that's just my personal experience and theorizing on my part. Nothing to take my word for!

I really would like to train one leg one way and one the other sometime. But someone would have to pay me, probably :D I'm not walking around with mismatching quads for nothing.

But carry on with the silliness, y'all :D I don't mean to take the thread too seriously. That cat in the breadbox GIF is fabulous, btw!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'1" and large framed. Then I did lots of Barre and pilates and stuff and now I'm 6'1" and small framed (yes is shrunk my ribcage and shoulders too) and I've just landed a contract with one of the top supermodel agencies. Yay for me :drinker: you'll see me on the catwalk being a tall, gracile walking coathanger now. And I didn't starve myself either. The calories went into all the bone regrowth that's required to grow an entire foot (the calcium necessary for that came from the bone that it took from my rib cage and shoulder bones to shrink them). My muscles are the same size as they were at 5'1" so now they're much longer and more stretched out. But that's okay because they were too big before and who cares about functionality, right?. So problems solved..... you really can totally change the shape of your skeleton with the right approach to exercise. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to get in a time machine and capture your mother just after she conceived you and remove the blastocyst that will become you and genetically engineer yourself to have the height, frame size and shape of muscle that you want. No need for that at all. Just do Barre and pilates. And as for using the time machine to partake in medieval torture... that's just a quick fix. You'll stretch out all your bones and muscles, but then they'll shrink again after a while and you'll go back to being a short person with big muscles. So just do barre and plie plie plie and keep on plieing (sorry I can't spell French words) and your bones will grow a millimetre with every set of plies. But never ever ever ever do squats. Because those will make them shrink back again. Have you ever noticed how powerlifters are usually short and large framed? Yep. It's squats that do that. But plies make you tall and small framed, like ballet dancers and supermodels. Yep you know it's true you've seen them on the TV.

:drinker:
  • Tito0925
    Options
    I am trying to lean muscle as well, someone advice me to reduce the protein intake.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Yeah but can you spot reduce using Pilates, barre or four horses? I'm happy with my arms and calves but I really want to lengthen out my glutes and thighs. I've heard the rack gives you really long arms so your hands reach your knees and I think that would look unbalanced
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    I want long lean muscles. I've heard yoga, barre, and various stretches are the trick to lengthening my muscles, but I'm not sure on the specifecs, but it seems legit enough. Up til now I've been lifting and that's cool, but I'm still kinda short you know? Has anyone gotten a long lean dancer like body this way?
    Only the Gumby workout does this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lean muscle as well, someone advice me to reduce the protein intake.

Just eat lots of chocolate. You can get some good deals on it right about now with Valentine's day being over and all. :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I got it by gentle toning
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    This. This is what you're after. Trust me.
    http://youtu.be/4dT-3T3a-q8
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I used to be 5'1" and large framed. Then I did lots of Barre and pilates and stuff and now I'm 6'1" and small framed (yes is shrunk my ribcage and shoulders too) and I've just landed a contract with one of the top supermodel agencies. Yay for me :drinker: you'll see me on the catwalk being a tall, gracile walking coathanger now. And I didn't starve myself either. The calories went into all the bone regrowth that's required to grow an entire foot (the calcium necessary for that came from the bone that it took from my rib cage and shoulder bones to shrink them). My muscles are the same size as they were at 5'1" so now they're much longer and more stretched out. But that's okay because they were too big before and who cares about functionality, right?. So problems solved..... you really can totally change the shape of your skeleton with the right approach to exercise. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to get in a time machine and capture your mother just after she conceived you and remove the blastocyst that will become you and genetically engineer yourself to have the height, frame size and shape of muscle that you want. No need for that at all. Just do Barre and pilates. And as for using the time machine to partake in medieval torture... that's just a quick fix. You'll stretch out all your bones and muscles, but then they'll shrink again after a while and you'll go back to being a short person with big muscles. So just do barre and plie plie plie and keep on plieing (sorry I can't spell French words) and your bones will grow a millimetre with every set of plies. But never ever ever ever do squats. Because those will make them shrink back again. Have you ever noticed how powerlifters are usually short and large framed? Yep. It's squats that do that. But plies make you tall and small framed, like ballet dancers and supermodels. Yep you know it's true you've seen them on the TV.

Good to know I don't have to be doomed to a life of shortness with unsightly large muscles. That stuff just isn't ladylike! I'm going to stop squatting asap, before it makes me even shorter.

I know this one guy, he squatted so much he got cast as one of the dwarfs in The Hobbit.
  • Achrya
    Options

Good to know I don't have to be doomed to a life of shortness with unsightly large muscles. That stuff just isn't ladylike! I'm going to stop squatting asap, before it makes me even shorter.

I know this one guy, he squatted so much he got cast as one of the dwarfs in The Hobbit.

That one dwarf is pretty hot. You know. *That* one. I know you know.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I really don't get all the silly responses, so not funny, sorry.

Of course you can change the shape of your muscle to some extent, why shouldn't this be possible? I personally achieved longer and leaner muscles through practicing yoga and stretching. It is a very different type of excercise than "typical" strength training is, hence the difference in the resulting muscle mass.
    My personal experience
    I've done abdomen excercises daily for a few years now, and my belly button was kind of sucked down because of the muscle mass. Then I started doing yoga, but still continued my usual abdomen routine. Now, after 8 months of almost daily practiced yoga, my belly button is "straight" again because the muscle mass in my abdomen seems to have changed. I also noticed differences in my arms and thighs as well as a better posture which certainly contributes to looking lean.

Don't let other people discourage you and just try if certain exercises help you to achieve the look you want! Of course, you can't expect wonders, but it certainly is possible to change your muscle mass a bit.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.gif

In for people telling OP she can change the genetically determined shape of her muscles through Pilates.

Edit: I recommend Prancercise.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hey achrya

I've seen your before and after threads many times so I'm surprised you posted this. You look like you're having great results from lifting, don't give all that up for the fantasy of 'long lean muscle'.

Sounds like something Tracy Anderson would say anyway :/

I think you've done great so far (and been a bit of an inspiration in the booty department) just remember it's a slow process and don't give it up and go back to believing the old diet and fitness industry hype.
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    I can't believe how many of you people are being so rude and negative! All she wants is some real help and you meanies are talking "the rack" and horses pulling her apart? What is wrong with you meanies!? We're all here for the same reason! Support! Love! Peace! Rainbows gosh darn it people!

But seriously OP. You really just need to take up ballet.
    a.jpg