My new Bodymedia armband!

Options
2»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    LoveLoveLOVE mine! Hope you find it as helpful as I do! I'm convinced it's the reason I've lost weight.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I use a polar FT60 hrm in addition to the arm band. I want to go for maximum training effectiveness. I'm also a numbers nerd. :)
  • MrsJamieReeves
    Options
    I love my CORE. It does make me get up and move because I love showing my husband how well I did during the day.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine!! I got the Link off of Ebay for $179usd and that included a year subscription. I like that i can sync it to my phone, and that it sync's to MFP. It tracks any exercise I do pretty accurate. I've tested it w/ HRM and they're REALLY close :D

I bought a couple skins for mine, and a black armband. I don't really notice i'm wearing it much anymore. Only a handful of people ask me questions about it. The ones that do want to get one too! Here's a pic of what mine looks like right now

20140131_235347_zpsb18fea7b.jpg
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like mine too. I love data, and that thing pops out all kinds of data...sitting on the couch watching TV burns 1.5 calories a minute for me. Running burns twice as much as walking, but I can't do it nearly as long. It's fun to try to beat my "personal bests".
  • roxigirl89
    roxigirl89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I tell my friends about my new Bodymedia armband and they just can't get excited, so I'm sharing it with you!

I got the Bodymedia core by ordering from the US on ebay. Paid £42 including delivery (brand new). The UK version, Ki Fit, is about £129.

Its fantastic! It does your steps and all that but what I like is the accurate calorie burn info. I wear it all the time and it takes the guess work out. I was somewhat frustrated at the different results on the web for calorie calculators, both for what you normally burn and different types of exercise. Not any more!

I now know that when I do very little all day I burn roughly 90 calories an hour. I know how much I burn spinning, walking, weight lifting. It also connects to my fitness pal and tells you Whats going in and out (Cals) and what your deficit is. So I can make course corrections during the day. Yesterday I skipped tea to maintain my deficit. Today I exercised more. No guessing, tailored for me.

The online app is great, free for 3 months and then about £7 a month. Some people whinge about this, I say get over it. Its nothing for the accuracy and motivation you get. I had stalled but back to losing 2lbs this week.

I'm a fan! Just Sayin.

I always wanted too get one of those but i heard that you need to have US/Canada credit/debit card to get membership. I even wrote to then and asked if i can use in UK.

Would love to know how did you get your membership sorted?

Thanks! If it easy - i will be buying mine ASAP!