EMERGENCY!!!

Options
I have a decision to make...do I eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I brought to work or a piece of cheese pizza for 180 calories...pizza is good...but is it worth it!

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    pride is better than pizza- everytime. Hands down. Stick with the sammich.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Within your calories...PIZZA!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just ate my PB & J instead of a cherry strudel...i'd take pizza any time and work my *kitten* off tonight
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    What's the calorie difference? If it's less than 60 I say go for what you want. To be honest, the PB&J sounds pretty good to me right now. :)
  • TampaMom
    Options
    Only if it is within your plan. Just don't make splurges a habit, you can still have fun and get to your goal.
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    the sodium is what makes me freak out! lol
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Only if it is within your plan. Just don't make splurges a habit, you can still have fun and get to your goal.

I agree with what she said!
  • sweetpickle
    sweetpickle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Honestly pb&j is usually a bit higher in calories anyways so I would say the pizza.....just have one though! that's the problem with pizza...it's very addictive!
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    eat half and half, best of both worlds
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your PB&J might actually be more calories than the pizza. If you want the pizza more and it's within your calorie budget for the day, I say enjoy the cheesy goodness! :smile:
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    If I would take the pizza, I'd be risking my nutrition for the rest of the day. I have the "screw it" mentality when I don't stick with my plan!
  • Jozie236
    Jozie236 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER! It's healthier (no cholesterol, less sodium) AND you will feel better about yourself for not giving in!
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Um, is it within your calories? Also, like another person said, I have trouble just eating one piece. I have eaten two plain pieces of pizza and then made sure I was still within my calories for the day. Remember you should still have fun but just be accountable. :smile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    180 calories isn't a lot. Easy to fit into your day. If you want it, I say have it :)

Charmagne
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    I looked up the nutrition info for the papa john's cheese pizza (that's what is here-my supervisor bought our team pizza)...and according to do different sites, the pizza is way less calories than my PB&J...who freakin knew? Probably more fat though, but is it bad if I don't really care about tracking the other nutritional stuff, I mostly just worry about calories...and that's hard enough as it is!
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If I had the pizza I'd be more inclined to crave salty greasy food the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow. So I'd go with the pb&j!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I vote with those who say that the PB&J is probably actually higher in calories and possibly fat. If it's plain cheese pizza it's really not as horrid for you as people want to believe.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Curious here - I know "jelly" is another name for jam but what flavour jam do you eat with PB?
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I looked up the nutrition info for the papa john's cheese pizza (that's what is here-my supervisor bought our team pizza)...and according to do different sites, the pizza is way less calories than my PB&J...who freakin knew? Probably more fat though, but is it bad if I don't really care about tracking the other nutritional stuff, I mostly just worry about calories...and that's hard enough as it is!

DEFINITELY more fat, and more grease, and might make your stomach hurt :( Even if they seem comparable, you have to consider.. will you feel full after one slice of pizza?? I find I usually have to eat 2 slices to feel full, and when you look at it that way, the calories aren't so comparable. DON'T DO IT. Save splurges for better reasons like birthdays, anniversaries, celebrations, not just a work thing!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Curious here - I know "jelly" is another name for jam but what flavour jam do you eat with PB?

Raspberry and apricot are my two favorites. Basically "jam" has pieces of whatever fruit in it, "jelly" has been strained, so it is similar to fruit flavored gelatin if you use a big stretch of the imagination.

PB&J is typically called "Peanut Butter and Jelly" regardless of whether or not you use jelly, jam or preserves.