lets do it together

Options
Hello my name is Christine im looking to drop about 130 lbs. Im 40 pounds down so far. My weight has gone up and down my entire life. A few years ago I dropped 70 lbs in just over 3 months. All I did was work out all day long because I was unemployed, walked atleast 10 mile walks everyday and did atleast and hour of cardio and 30 mins of strength training everyday. I learned that it is nearly impossible to do that type of routine while having a job and well because it all came off so quick it came right back on as fast as it went. Then about a year later I did it all over again except I dropped about 45 lbs in 2 months kept it off for a while but my husband and I decided to travel the country for a year so we were never in one place for very long made things very difficult when it came time to find time to take care of myself. SO this time around I gained all my weight back plus and beginning of last year I was the heaviest I had ever been and more depressed than ever. I started working in a deli 7 months ago where I fry food and bake and package up pastries all day long... For most people it would make them eat more, for me it turned me completely off of fried foods and heavy deserts. It wasn't until about a month ago I got on the scale again and I was shocked to see I had lost a bunch of weight without "dieting" or exercising. Now I am out atleast once a day walking for 30 minutes and have been trying to do other cardio for atleast 30 mins as well. I track EVERYTHING I eat now and I am pushed more and more on a daily basis by just being able to see the nutrition broke down and understand what im eating but it is hard doing it alone (not technically alone, husbands with me on this 100% but hes got an athletic built already)Id like to find some people around my size or with close goals to share success and frustrations with.

Replies

• Dgangaware
    Dgangaware Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! Christine - 40 pounds is great. You should feel really proud of yourself for sticking to it. I have had similar results in the past. Losing weight and then gaining back. This time I am determined to keep my healthy lifestyle choices. You can do it!
  • thank you, my mom has gone through the same thing and shes learned a lot, shes teaching my that its not a "diet" its a life style so to find enjoyment and pleasure in the foods I chose to eat and the fitness routines go with. its helping so far...