People Losing/Lost Over 100 LBS

Options
2»

Replies

• mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My long term goal is to loose 100 pounds. I started mid January and have lost 10 pounds so far. I'm working on my diet, because I have been an overeater the majority of my life. I am gradually adding more exercise.

You and I sound very similar. I never did learn how to eat correctly, so I'm learning now. I want to add exercise a little at a time instead of going crazy with it all at once.

We can do it!! We WILL do it. :smile:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am currently in maintenance mode after losing 130 lbs. You are welcome to add me! I am on everyday and strive to motivate and encourage friends! :flowerforyou:
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request. I have over 100 to lose.
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to loose 100lb iv sent a request, anyone else feel free to add me could do with all the help I could get.
  • Hello my name is Christine im looking to drop about 130 lbs. Im 40 pounds down so far. My weight has gone up and down my entire life. A few years ago I dropped 70 lbs in just over 3 months. All I did was work out all day long because I was unemployed, walked atleast 10 mile walks everyday and did atleast and hour of cardio and 30 mins of strength training everyday. I learned that it is nearly impossible to do that type of routine while having a job and well because it all came off so quick it came right back on as fast as it went. Then about a year later I did it all over again except I dropped about 45 lbs in 2 months kept it off for a while but my husband and I decided to travel the country for a year so we were never in one place for very long made things very difficult when it came time to find time to take care of myself. SO this time around I gained all my weight back plus and beginning of last year I was the heaviest I had ever been and more depressed than ever. I started working in a deli 7 months ago where I fry food and bake and package up pastries all day long... For most people it would make them eat more, for me it turned me completely off of fried foods and heavy deserts. It wasn't until about a month ago I got on the scale again and I was shocked to see I had lost a bunch of weight without "dieting" or exercising. Now I am out atleast once a day walking for 30 minutes and have been trying to do other cardio for atleast 30 mins as well. I track EVERYTHING I eat now and I am pushed more and more on a daily basis by just being able to see the nutrition broke down and understand what im eating but it is hard doing it alone (not technically alone, husbands with me on this 100% but hes got an athletic built already)Id like to find some people around my size or with close goals to share success and frustrations with.
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 more to go, but I have had some success so far. Lost it very, very slowly. It's been 3 years so far. But feel free to add me, if you wish.
  • QueensGirl83
    QueensGirl83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me! Support is great!
  • mommag175
    Options
    My goal is to lose 100-125lbs please feel free to ad me. I'd love to make some new friends who are going through similar experiences and understand my struggles. We can help each other stay strong on what is I am assuming will be quite a journey.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Hi ... I'm looking to drop 100-104 over in 18-24 months. I'm already down 39 since the beginning of the year.
    I've cleaned up my intake (see my diary), and I go for 3 walks per day, 20-30 mins each. VERY easy to fit into my schedule.
    I think you'll find that a little bit of exercise will make a big difference.

Good luck!

You are right about exercise. Since I've been eating less I've been feeling more energy to move. We are planning on buying an elliptical machine soon, but when it stops snowing I am going to start walking easily first. Right now I've started parking farther away from places and playing with the kids more! Last time I tried to just dive into exercise and screwed my weak knee up. That became an excuse and I stopped trying all together. This time I want to start slow and focus on one thing at a time.

39 pounds is nothing to sneeze at! Great job!! :happy:

Good luck. Little things like parking farther away, and getting shorter walks will soon add up. I went from 10-15 min walks to 30 mins most of the time, and on weekends I now up the walks to 45-60 minutes. Getting there, one step at a time!
  • mummee1
    mummee1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Christine im looking to drop about 130 lbs. Im 40 pounds down so far. My weight has gone up and down my entire life. A few years ago I dropped 70 lbs in just over 3 months. All I did was work out all day long because I was unemployed, walked atleast 10 mile walks everyday and did atleast and hour of cardio and 30 mins of strength training everyday. I learned that it is nearly impossible to do that type of routine while having a job and well because it all came off so quick it came right back on as fast as it went. Then about a year later I did it all over again except I dropped about 45 lbs in 2 months kept it off for a while but my husband and I decided to travel the country for a year so we were never in one place for very long made things very difficult when it came time to find time to take care of myself. SO this time around I gained all my weight back plus and beginning of last year I was the heaviest I had ever been and more depressed than ever. I started working in a deli 7 months ago where I fry food and bake and package up pastries all day long... For most people it would make them eat more, for me it turned me completely off of fried foods and heavy deserts. It wasn't until about a month ago I got on the scale again and I was shocked to see I had lost a bunch of weight without "dieting" or exercising. Now I am out atleast once a day walking for 30 minutes and have been trying to do other cardio for atleast 30 mins as well. I track EVERYTHING I eat now and I am pushed more and more on a daily basis by just being able to see the nutrition broke down and understand what im eating but it is hard doing it alone (not technically alone, husbands with me on this 100% but hes got an athletic built already)Id like to find some people around my size or with close goals to share success and frustrations with.

You are doing really great! I'm happy for you for wanting to be healthy. My husband drops weight like nothing, too. He's sort of eating more like me (but still twice as much), and he's already losing weight. While that is awesome, it is a little discouraging at the same time, so I find a lot of comfort to find other people who weigh as much as I do on here. Of course, I weigh waaaaay more than my husband right now. I'd love to be able to be smaller than my husband again! Can't wait!