Any 70lb weight-loss success stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    98 thus far, started at 291 one though, so the first 70 came off at the rate of about 10 pounds/month. After that though, it's been more like 5-7 pounds per month and it's slowing up a bit more now too. January was 6 pounds.

Your best bet is to read threads like this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013 and the guide for your path to sexypants, but I didn't save that link. Lots of good advice there.

The other thing -- remember if you aren't starting out morbidly obese, don't expect to keep up a 10/mo loss. Actually, I would focus less on a specific time frame to lose weight and more on just going down slowly and steadily. The closer you get to goal, the slower it will be. If you set specific time frames and your body slows down the weight loss, you may feel like a failure (even though you aren't) and sabotage yourself.
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sunday will be my 4 month weigh in and I am expecting to have lost at least 75lbs. I a currently at 73.4lbs lost I believe. It comes 7down to dedication. Day in and day out follow what works for you. I started at 321 am currently 247. I am not sure what my goal will be. I'd love to be 160lbs so I can say I have lost half my weight BUT I am more concerned about being healthy and staying at a weight I can maintain for life.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100pds. Eat right and exercise, you will get there!!

330d176.jpg
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Is that profile picture you now??? you don't look like you need to lose 70 lbs!
  • abbeyoconnor99
    abbeyoconnor99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Is that profile picture you now??? you don't look like you need to lose 70 lbs!

It is, And I believe i carry most of my weight at my legs/hips :frown:
  • aka_Kamalevantis
    Options
    I've lost 128lb so far, I have about 35lb left to lose.... feel free to add me if you want xXx
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost over 100 lbs. in less than a year by diet and exercising. I did a lot of walking and going to the gym and working out there. At the gym I did the nustep and the circuit a couple times a week and water aerobics twice a week. But, I mostly walked on my treadmill at home. Due to arthritis and other health-related problems, walking was the best thing for me. Good luck. I know that you can do it.:smile:
  • abbeyoconnor99
    abbeyoconnor99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, I lost over 100 lbs. in less than a year by diet and exercising. I did a lot of walking and going to the gym and working out there. At the gym I did the nustep and the circuit a couple times a week and water aerobics twice a week. But, I mostly walked on my treadmill at home. Due to arthritis and other health-related problems, walking was the best thing for me. Good luck. I know that you can do it.:smile:

congratulations!! :happy: And I think I'm starting water aerobics too! thankyou :smile:
  • EmmyKink
    Options
    HEY!
    Yeah, I have lost 75 pounds in a year and a half! It toke a while, but I got there!
    I went from 200 pounds, down to 125!
    It's a lot of hard work, and there are times you just want to scream, but the end result is great!
    There are times I will go upstairs with a box that's like, 20 pounds,and I wonder how I managed to do it before! I am a lot healthier, I 'm happier, I am way more confident, it's amazing !

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/269376_4682663833474_682930112_n.jpg
    ^Hope the link works!
    GOOD LUCK! YOU CAN DO IT! <3
  • hartland45
    hartland45 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I need to keep this post for that useful link
  • gammybarb
    gammybarb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have lost 67 lbs. From my all time high of 280 I am 117 lbs leaner, older and wiser. LOL
    I never set a date. My motto is one day, one meal and one step at a time. I have fallen many times and gotten back up many times and can't say it was smooth sailing all the way but when I got cancer 8 years ago they wanted me to gain weight. I did gain back up to 213 drinking liquid meals with vanilla ice cream in the chocolate ones. Mainly because they tasted gross to me. LOL As soon as my radiation was finished and I could swallow again I got back on track beginning with baby food until I could eat regular food and now weigh 163 and have varied from 161 to 172 for the past 8 years now. The key is never give up on yourself. Forgive yourself. Love yourself which leads to doing good things for you like you do for others. You deserve it! Every journey begins with one step so just keep on taking that one step and soon you will reach the finish line.
    On to victory!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 70 lb in 11 months and will reach the 1 yr point on March 25. However I started at 262 lb. So if you don't have as much to lose, you might not lose as quickly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!