Starting Over, And Over, And Over - Yet Again!!

Options
AVT78
AVT78 Posts: 39 Member
Hello :)

I think this is the ???'th time I have started a myfitnesspal account with all good intentions before I end up deleted it because I talk myself out of trying to log my food. Well the only thing that kind of behavior has gotten me is more FAT! :drinker: :wink:

I will be honest with you, I'm burned out on logging calories. But its the only thing that has worked in the past for me so here I am. :ohwell:

Bottom Line is I can't do this by myself nor do I want too.

I need motivating, kind and supportive friends that have the ability to kick me in my @ss when needed. Oh and leave positive comments on my wall status :bigsmile: . I'm very active on MFP once I get the ball rolling and I promise to do the same :flowerforyou:

Add me please :heart:
Thanks, Amy

Replies

• snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It shows though, its a proven fact that people are more successful keeping track of their food to lose weight, this is my 4th winter logging on as i drop my weight in the winter and gain in the summer, but my gains are lower and lower each year. My wife and i are doing this together and having great results, stay positve and it doesnt hurt to have your cheat night, just remember if u want that extra treat do that extra exercise to make up for it. Keep it going!!!!!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy... I totally hate logging calories too, but it's the only way I was able to lose weight! I've lost 75lbs so far and currently have 5lbs to go. I am very active on MFP. Add me if you would like :bigsmile:
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've been around for about a year & 1/2 on here I did really well the first 9 months then slacked for 9 months. well I'm back on track ( I HOPE ) anyone can add me if they'd like
  • megaen29
    megaen29 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've added you. I'm on here everyday and very active with supporting my friends. Anyone is welcome to add me :)
  • XXbrendaXX
    Options
    It is a popular motivational quote... "If you are tired of starting over....stop giving up"! You can do this, you just have to decide you want it bad enough.

Counting calories is the only thing that has worked for me as well. I have been doing it for a year and a half, and at times I do get tired of it. Maybe eventually I'll get to a point where I don't need to any more, but for now it is what works for me.

Feel free to send a friend request. :smile:
  • Lauren4974
    Lauren4974 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in the same boat. This is my 3rd or 4th time on here now. So I completely know how you feel. But it's the only thing that seems to work for me LOL.
  • NiaomiTS
    Options
    Hey , Please add me too. Have you considered not logging your calories on my fitness pal? You can use this website as a weight loss resource centre however if you hate the constant logging of calories then why not simply calculate them on your phone? That's what I do anyway, and then if you are unsure of the calories in your food look it up on here .
    Just a thought
    Happy Slimming
    xx
  • Sag2015
    Options
    Is there a name for a person that does that?
  • chubbs43
    Options
    Hi Amy,
    This is my first tracking calories,but I have done tooooo many to count diets.this needs to work for me I am getting so tiresd of this wt.trouble doing every day things seems to be getting worse for me i am to young feeling this way.43 yrs young 300 pounds this should not be.i am so discussed with my self.i no longer look in the mirror to see if something looks good .i just know.i am trying to do new recipes for my family making a list every wk so fare seems to be going good .you can add me as a friend if you wish we can help each other during this journey.????
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 9 months in 2012. Then gained 40 lbs in 16 months in 2013. So I'm back in 2014. I do agree that logging really does help but some days it's a pain. I like to cook so trying to put everything into a recipe drives me nuts. Plus my husband is trying to lose about 20 lbs so he is constantly asking... how many calories do you think that is? It's much easier if you can just scan everything but then you are eating a lot of processed foods and that's not good.

One thing that motivates me is the app called PACT for your smartphone. It use to be Gympact but they have expanded. It now has a pact for logging your food and it syncs with MFP. You get paid for meeting your pact but it takes money from you if you don't do it. The penalty is much higher than the benefit. So if losing money motivates you, you might want to try it. They will give you $5 for the first time you use it if you use this link to sign up: Sign up with promo code GymPact$5 for a $5 gift: http://fb-382801.gym-pact.com

I also make sure MFP loads when I start my browser up. If it's up, I'm more incline to use it. I have the app on the front screen of my phone too. I try to keep it in my face.

Friends help... you are welcome to add me too. Just try to stay positive!
  • chondell
    Options
    Omg. Are we related? Because I do the same thing. I'm constantly negative talking myself and have downloaded the app for the 5th time today. When I'm working it it is the only thing that helps me. I need to be held accountable. I'd add you but I haven't figured that part out.how does that work?
  • george7527
    george7527 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same reason to lose weight and keep it off to stay fit and healthy. to give and be given moral support
    Feel free to add me
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am prepping all my own food right now because I just started "Chris Powell's Carb Cycling" program which makes it easier to log the food. However I see this getting hard once I get back into the real world of eating with family and eatting out.

DO the best you can and being here again is the first step to that success.
  • Tabbycat54
    Tabbycat54 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been in this boat numerous times, and this is what is helping me lose the weight I've been having issues with my whole life. Been through the personal trainer boat, gym only, etc. etc. but counting the calories is helping me with portion control and everything else. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    We are lazy by nature, and holding yourself accountable works. You have proven that to yourself. It has gotten me where I am too. Even though I hate logging every little thing that goes in my mouth, it has made me think more than once if it is really worth it! The days that I go over, logging it helps to motivate me to get a little extra workout in to minimize the effects. As much as it sucks, you know you gotta do it!!! Best of luck to you!
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just do your best. You can do this.
  • DrSelenaMyers
    DrSelenaMyers Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello, nice to meet you, this time will be different! For quitting is not an option! Friend request sent
  • AVT78
    AVT78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody! Day #1 is complete and I made it though. :drinker:

Everyday will be easier, I will keep going. Add me as a friend if you haven't yet

:heart:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on day 1.... day 1 of the rest of your life!

You may slip up... and fall... but THIS TIME GET BACK UP>..... then you won't have to start again ever again. aquick slip is different than a restart. We're here to help you
  • NiaomiTS
    Options
    im sorry but whats the difference between logging calories on here or on a calculator?