Weird Friend Request: Busy but committed, not on MFP 24/7

Options
That does sound weird, doesn't it?

I've been an MFP member off and on for three years now. I loved it at first and I let it take up all of my time, so I burned out in a bad way. I'm trying to reestablish my use of the site because I do find the logging helpful, and I do love interacting with like-minded friends, but I only want friends who don't feel it necessary to spend hours commenting on MFP.

I track my food probably 85% of the time, and I workout 4-6 days a week doing both cardio and weightlifting. I don't yo-yo diet, and I actually have no idea how much I weigh right now. It would be great to be friends with busy adults who are juggling jobs and kids and who want a realistic community for motivation without the obligation of logging or commenting incessantly. Does that make any sense? :)

Well, if it does, send a friend request! I do log at least five days a week.

Replies

• PDarrall
    PDarrall Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can just about occasionally press a like button, focused more on myself. Do track consistently, but not a "you go girl" person. Kids and all the rest
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My only requirement is to log in on a regular basis. Doesn't have to be everyday, but I delete those who haven't logged in for more than 3 weeks.
  • thesweetspot
    Options
    I totally get it! Sending a friend request...
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I'll share support.
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I totally feel ya! I'm super busy too but I do need this now and then to keep me in check for my nutrition. I work out six days a week, so that's not an issue. It's the nutrition I always struggle with. But I too may not log in every day, but that doesn't mean I'm not still working it!
  • kethra
    kethra Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I log daily when I have the time. I might have more time than others, but I'm a SAHM who homeschools an extremely rambunctious geeky 8 yr old daughter + raising/training an energetic GSD pup.
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can friend me. I work full time and have 2 very activity heavy kids. I try to log every day, I will click "like", but I'm lucky to comment occasionally!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me!!! I am a low maintenance friend. I work full-time and am a student. I am busy everyday of the week so I am not super chatty. I usually log everyday but sometimes I don't have time even though I can get my workouts in.
  • ArmyMomma67
    Options
    I'm pretty low key... I log my stuff...I will give a thumbs up now and then for my friends. Work full time and don't like to spend a lot of time on the computer at night since I'm on one all day at work. :smile:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Feel fee to add me if you wish.. Happy to support
  • Obnoxa
    Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone out of my way to seek out friends on MFP for the same reason, I log daily and peruse the forums from time to time for good tips and whatnot , but I'm not super involved or on 24/7. However I'm happy to throw out the occasional cheer and feel a little less alone on my quest towards weight loss so you (and any other laid back people here) are welcome to add me :happy:
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I work full time so I can't be on at all times. I do log my food daily and I do try to be supportive of my MFP friends.