Hi! I'm back with a new battle to fight!

Options
Hi everyone! It's been quite a while (five months) since I've been on here, and a few things have changed. I was diagnosed with cancer (stage 3, kidney) last November 6th, and had my right kidney removed on January 17th. So I'm back with a whole new outlook on life, nutrition, weight loss...everything! :) I'm continuing my weight loss journey, but now with health in mind, instead of just the scale. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and look forward to getting back in the swing of things! :)

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and kudos to you on your wonderful and positive outlook; it's inspiring. Good luck this upcoming week with your food tracking and exercise tracking!
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and I am glad your health is getting better. I am proud of u for not giving up. I am also back after regaining 12 lbs. I had been on and off for 6 months after maintaining for over a year. I actually deleted my profile and history and re-sighted up as a new start. Keep the motivation. Eat healthy and exercise to keep your strength and mental attitude up!!!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Love your outlook on your journey! Best of luck.
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it takes a kick on the backside for us to get our priorities straight! You have a great attitude and will do well! Prayers sent for you!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your new battle but glad you're taking it by the horns and going for your HEALTH!!!!!

That is the best reason ever!
  • omatga
    omatga Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You are alrealdy an inspiration!! Welcome back!
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've watched family members battle cancer, and I admire you for taking a fresh approach to your health. Best of luck with your journey.
  • reedandmalloy
    Options
    You guys are all so sweet and supportive! It was a shock to hear the word "Cancer", and totally out of the blue. I went to bed the night of the 5th without a care in the world, then woke up the next morning passing blood in my urine (I know, TMI!) and then suddenly was in EXTREME pain. I went to the ER and they told me it was probably kidney stones since I'm only 52 and drank a lot of caffeine. They did a CT scan to see how big the stone was, walked back in the room and told me I had a mass and that it was cancer. (They said they could tell from the shape and density) So it was a total surprise. Right then I gave up all junk food and fast food...been working on the rest a little at a time. Today was my first day of switching to an 80% raw food diet, and I think I did pretty well. Oh--a little humor to the story is that when the doctor told me I had to have my kidney removed, my first question was, "How much does a kidney weigh?" Hey, ya gotta grab what little bit of good that ya can, lol. (For those who are wondering, the answer is about 4 ounces.) I was hoping for at least a couple of pounds! :)