HELP! My love interest wants me to just stay fat!

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    This Valentine's Day my love interest decided to surprise me by sending me a bunch of presents. It was very thoughtful... but he also included a ton of CANDY! It was bad enough when I saw the huge box of chocolate in with my presents, but then he sent flowers to my work and those came with candy too! I'm beginning to think he wants me to either stop losing altogether or gain back the weight I've already lost. He always tells me he likes me the way I am while still being supportive of my goals, it's pretty suspicious. I think he must be lying considering he is male.

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Smoking a medicinal substance is only going to cause you to eat more junk. They don't call it the munchies for nothing. Quit smoking.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    This Valentine's Day my love interest decided to surprise me by sending me a bunch of presents. It was very thoughtful... but he also included a ton of CANDY! It was bad enough when I saw the huge box of chocolate in with my presents, but then he sent flowers to my work and those came with candy too! I'm beginning to think he wants me to either stop losing altogether or gain back the weight I've already lost. He always tells me he likes me the way I am while still being supportive of my goals, it's pretty suspicious. I think he must be lying considering he is male.

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Smoking a medicinal substance is only going to cause you to eat more junk. They don't call it the munchies for nothing. Quit smoking.

But what if it is for medicinal purposes....seeing as it is a medicinal substance?
  • S1inky
    S1inky Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Boys love choccies too.

Serioiusly; You have got to learn to share. You will feel so much better.

If he loves you he will love you: double your size, and half the size you are.:happy:
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Give the candy to coworkers or friends. Stay tuned to if he is being honest when he says he supports your goals. Tell him your preferences. Let him know how candy as a gift does not help you achieve your goals. If he is truly supportive, he will understand.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    WTH????? Move on! Dump him! He is a self centered dweeb that might end up cheating on you. My EX husband was that way.

Yeah, how dare he!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

NO

:angry:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What should you do? Obviously, dispose of the toxinz by sending them to me {I'll PM you my address, please express mail them overnight so they don't spoil...}.

As to the saboteur, clearly he needs to be beheaded before it gets worse. And this: :smokin:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

LOL! that's so funny. do you have any feasible suggestions?
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    No, that's the strange part. The rest of his gifts were extremely creative! That's why I think he is just trying to sabotage me.

For right now, I'd suggest just carefully telling him how much you appreciate the gifts, but explain that you're trying to avoid candy. If he truly respects your goals, he'll catch on.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I kinda felt the same way when boyfriend got me a big box of chocolate last year for Valentines. He said he didn't really think about it, that everyone buys chocolate on valentines day. This year he asked me what I wanted and we went out and bought it together.

I don't think your lover is trying to sabotage you. Also if you feel this way you should sit down and talk to him.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If he were really supportive, he would have given you a mini trampoline.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    OP, you've lost 82 pounds, so it seems you have a pretty good handle on your weight loss. Surely you've had to exercise control when offered food that might thow you off. Are you really that worried? I highly, highly, massively hugely doubt that his gift was intended to keep you fat. And if he says he likes you no matter what, that's awesome, not s reason to be suspicious.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

NO

:angry:
    HEY
  • TheSlorax
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you win
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    200_s.gif
    This. So much this!!!
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I kinda felt the same way when boyfriend got me a big box of chocolate last year for Valentines. He said he didn't really think about it, that everyone buys chocolate on valentines day. This year he asked me what I wanted and we went out and bought it together.

I don't think your lover is trying to sabotage you. Also if you feel this way you should sit down and talk to him.

This^^
    Guys know women (most) like two things 1) Gossip and 2) chocolate. He went with the safe one of the two ;)
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I had to tell my husband TWICE that I didn't need any more plants. Last year he forgot and got me a plant yet again even though I had told him I had enough in the past.

Even the sweetest, most considerate guys have their brain farts sometimes.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I doubt any of this actually happened.

You calling the OP...a...liar!? :huh:

Is it a female?
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    OP, you've lost 82 pounds, so it seems you have a pretty good handle on your weight loss. Surely you've had to exercise control when offered food that might thow you off. Are you really that worried? I highly, highly, massively hugely doubt that his gift was intended to keep you fat. And if he says he likes you no matter what, that's awesome, not s reason to be suspicious.

Well I stepped on the scale this morning after my binge on the three pieces of candy last night and I was up 2 lbs. So I'm afraid I don't have as good a handle as you might think. :cry:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Well I stepped on the scale this morning after my binge on the three pieces of candy last night and I was up 2 lbs. So I'm afraid I don't have as good a handle as you might think. :cry:

Did you log your beer last night? hehe....either way...wait is this a PM?!?