having trouble with calories but not what you think

Options
ok so i feel like im doing awesome on my weight loss so far but i've noticed that i can never meet my calorie intake goal. i eat whenever i feel hungry but i dont seem to ever eat as many calories as recommended. does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• dawn5466
    Options
    I have been told that if you do not hit at least 1200 calories a day, you will start losing muscle.
    I'm not an expert, this is just what i have been told, even if you track your calories on my fitness pal and do not meet your goal, it scolds you.
    Good luck.. :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat more caloric dense foods and that will get you to your goal.

(Peanut Butter, Avocado, Nuts, Cheese)

Also, you can cook with oil or butter, that will help too.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie intake goal?

How many calories do you normally consume?
  • SummerIsis
    SummerIsis Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It happens to me. I add chia seeds to inflate my calories when needed.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Actually this is exactly what I thought this thread would be.

How much are you eating? Do you weigh/measure your food? What is your exercise regime like? Any metabolic disorders?
  • brandilove13
    Options
    right now my intake goal is 1345 but on a normal day the absolute highest i've been getting is in the realm of 900 and everday MFP yells at me that i'm not eating enough lol which i find helpful but i can't seem to fix it. I work out about 45m to an hour a day with either running or cycling. I don't weigh my food and no disorders that im aware of
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You probably are eating more than you think...

Are you measuring and weighting everything ? If you aren't, you can ''track'' all you want, but you might as well be doing it for nothing.
  • SteamRoller72
    SteamRoller72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Without letting people view your diary, it's impossible to answer your question. Eating 1345 calories from dense, whole foods, including nuts, almond butter or peanut butter, olive oil, and whole grains is easy.
  • kdeanosu
    kdeanosu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I see on your profile you want to lose over 100 lbs....I don't see how you can be full eating less than 1000 calories a day. You are starving your body. You must eat more - but make them good calories, not junk.