HELP! My love interest wants me to just stay fat!

Options

Replies

• littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    OP, you've lost 82 pounds, so it seems you have a pretty good handle on your weight loss. Surely you've had to exercise control when offered food that might thow you off. Are you really that worried? I highly, highly, massively hugely doubt that his gift was intended to keep you fat. And if he says he likes you no matter what, that's awesome, not s reason to be suspicious.

Well I stepped on the scale this morning after my binge on the three pieces of candy last night and I was up 2 lbs. So I'm afraid I don't have as good a handle as you might think. :cry:

Probably water retention. Last night I pigged out at a restaurant, drank beer and indulged in several pieces of chocolate. I'm not weighing in again until next week! LOL!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    OP, you've lost 82 pounds, so it seems you have a pretty good handle on your weight loss. Surely you've had to exercise control when offered food that might thow you off. Are you really that worried? I highly, highly, massively hugely doubt that his gift was intended to keep you fat. And if he says he likes you no matter what, that's awesome, not s reason to be suspicious.

Well I stepped on the scale this morning after my binge on the three pieces of candy last night and I was up 2 lbs. So I'm afraid I don't have as good a handle as you might think. :cry:

3 pieces of candy is a binge? I've been doing it wrong.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I doubt any of this actually happened.

You calling the OP...a...liar!? :huh:

Is it a female?

:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

OP: just break up. boom, there!

/thread
  • Lunira
    Lunira Posts: 33
    Options
    Give the candy away to your coworkers. It gives you "nice person" brownie points around the office, while keeping you from eating it.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    WTH????? Move on! Dump him! He is a self centered dweeb that might end up cheating on you. My EX husband was that way.

Yeah, how dare he!

Seriously!!:mad:

OP dump him! You need to find a man who only gives you salads and yogurt for gifts. Chocolates are what make people fat. Too much sugar and carbs and it will hinder your ability to stay at your 1200 calorie goal. You might need to do a cleanse now to get the toxins out of your system.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Give it away to your co-workers or homeless people.

Sabotage: pass it on.™
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options

Is it your TOM?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Is it your TOM?

no... that was last week. :cry:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    This Valentine's Day my love interest decided to surprise me by sending me a bunch of presents. It was very thoughtful... but he also included a ton of CANDY! It was bad enough when I saw the huge box of chocolate in with my presents, but then he sent flowers to my work and those came with candy too! I'm beginning to think he wants me to either stop losing altogether or gain back the weight I've already lost. He always tells me he likes me the way I am while still being supportive of my goals, it's pretty suspicious. I think he must be lying considering he is male.

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Smoking a medicinal substance is only going to cause you to eat more junk. They don't call it the munchies for nothing. Quit smoking.

NO

:angry:
    HEY

That was my spontaneous reaction!

:flowerforyou:

And also this kitteh

3022137764_cdd286eaa0.jpg
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options

Is it your TOM?

Ok, I suggest juicing then. No solid food for the next 60 days.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Is it your TOM?

At least it came last week. Dude buying me candy and flowers --- I'd be his baby factory.
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Tell him he is unimaginative, but thoughtful. Tell him you are glad he likes you the way you are and that you aren't changing for him but for you (assuming this is so). Give ME the chocolate. I can handle all that chocolate one piece at a time. One day at a time.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Is it your TOM?

At least it came last week. Dude buying me candy and flowers --- I'd be his baby factory.

tell me about it... it was a panty dropping move to say the least
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    How did you lose 82 pounds? Have you been perfect all that time? Never ate more than a "binge" of 3 pieces of candy? And how can you call that a binge? I'd expect more of a weight loss veteran's mentality from you since you've had that kind of success. Come on, this should be a breeze for you!

Unless you just wanted to do the complaining-about-my-man-because-that's-what-chicks-are-supposed-to-do thing.
  • droberts3311
    Options
    How about not lick anything and just take them to work and set them out for all to enjoy!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking this is a very silly post about a common complaint. ;)

Gifts of kindness are not sabotage. People who smoke medicinal substances do tend to be paranoid though. So carry on with your regularly scheduled program.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    How did you lose 82 pounds?

I am guessing massive poop after a raspberry ketone cleanse.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This Valentine's Day my love interest decided to surprise me by sending me a bunch of presents. It was very thoughtful... but he also included a ton of CANDY! It was bad enough when I saw the huge box of chocolate in with my presents, but then he sent flowers to my work and those came with candy too! I'm beginning to think he wants me to either stop losing altogether or gain back the weight I've already lost. He always tells me he likes me the way I am while still being supportive of my goals, it's pretty suspicious. I think he must be lying considering he is male.

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

Smoking a medicinal substance is only going to cause you to eat more junk. They don't call it the munchies for nothing. Quit smoking.

NO

:angry:
    HEY

That was my spontaneous reaction!

:flowerforyou:

And also this kitteh

tumblr_inline_n0hvnay14o1rg22yi.gif
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    And also this kitteh

Just here for this kitteh in this thread at this point :3
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Maybe quit smoking the medicinal substances, they make you paranoid lol!