124»

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    Great job!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    you know I am couraging up for the 12-18 run, I have until 12-10 to decide. Meanwhile i am going to start the other workouts because I stopped since I had family in for Thanksgiving.

Kudos to you for your firts 5K & the 12-04 coming up!
  • KelliB25
    Options
    I have just completed the C25K Program and I am preparing for my first 5K on Dec. 11th. WOW its getting closer and I'm getting a little nervous.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Luna, some people from work and I have decided to do a 5k on Dec.11th for a really cool charity instead fo the one on the 18th. Two of us are going to walk/jog it, and a few ladies are just going to flat out walk it :) Let me know if you are interested in the details :)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Margie,

Yes. let me know, I am getting another friend of mine in on doing the 5K w-me too. I'm getting excited.
  • margie_77
    Options
    You can sign up online and find out more about the charity at

www.christmascancure.org

:) Hope to see you out there :)
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    So, everyone, I'm slacking. Slacking big time! It's been near 0F deg every day for the past week and I just can't seem to get out there! I have a treadmill but it's not set up yet so I've been working out on my Wii (Just Dance and Fit Plus).

Maybe the winter was just a bad time to start my C25K? thoughts?
  • margie_77
    Options
    It is definately a hard time to start running!! I live in the desert and I only run outside when I have to, other wise I'm at the gym. The combination of big comfy sweaters to hide in and getting dark really early making me tired also make it hard to work up the inspiration to get to the gym as well.
    Get that treadmill set up! :)
    I'm going to do an hour on the eliptical after work today, and then a treadmill 5k tomorrow and hopefully Sun. as well, after yoga :)
    My scale showed me a loss of 18lbs since Oct. this morning, so with the 20lb mark in sight, I'm really going to push it!! (Sorry to my friends who have heard the 18lb thing like a million times already this morning) hahaha
  • margie_77
    Options
    I managed to jog an entire 5k on the treadmill today.. in 45 min!! Oh yeah. Now, I just need to figure out how to get the right pace when not on the treadmill.
  • margie_77
    Options
    I finished my second 5k today. 42:05!!!! I dropped over 6 min is 3 weeks! Anybody ready to sign up for a run in Jan. with me?
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I finished my second 5k today. 42:05!!!! I dropped over 6 min is 3 weeks! Anybody ready to sign up for a run in Jan. with me?

Races are addicting, aren't they???

I was dared last year at this time to run the Bolder Boulder 10K on Memorial Day 2010 and although I had never run before Dec 2009, I ran that race in 1:24 (13:30 pace). Thought that was pretty good at 200lb. I was dared to run a half marathon in May this year, so I've just started training. But since I gained some weight back in the last six months, it's a little harder to run. I'm just trying to get my eating under control, so I can run again (and of course get healthy, and wear skinny clothes). My best pace is 11:50, and now I'm at 13:00, so want to get back to that, or better.
  • margie_77
    Options
    I'm hoping to make the leap up to 10k's in April at the latest. Some friends have put out an open challenge to Ragnar. I said I would be on the team, and I meant it :)