HELP! My love interest wants me to just stay fat!

Options

Replies

• dclark566
    dclark566 Posts: 330 Member
    Options

As far as substances, those can truly hurt your weight loss progress. While working out helps, there is no way to make up for $17 worth of Fatburger at 2am because you just inhaled the best leaf north of Guatamala.

LOL literally
  • Leoness726
    Leoness726 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Realistically, I think it is a bit of a stretch to assume the worst of him and believe he is out to sabotage you. Presumably, he loves you, right? So why would he do that? Unless he has a habit of being underhanded or manipulative or you have fears that he does not truly support you, I think this might be a bit of an overreaction.

Even people who are trying to eat better or lose weight want to eat some candy sometimes. Actually, we probably want to eat candy all the time. But sometimes we actually LET ourselves. It was a holiday. Chocolates are a staple gift for Valentine's Day. Based on what I know about every man who I have ever met, I would guess he didn't even give it any thought. He likely just thought he was doing something sweet.

My suggestion? Relax. Trust your man. Thank him for the sweet gesture. Indulge in a few pieces of the candy and set the rest out at work for your coworkers. Perhaps for the next holiday you might want to drop some subtle hints that candy and sweets would not make a great gift for you at this time.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    If a woman tells me that she doesn't want candy, and I give her candy, I'M SCREWED because I didn't listen to her.

If a woman tells me that she doesn't want candy, and I DON'T give her candy, I'M SCREWED because I didn't understand what she really wanted.

Either way, she's going to tell all of her friends -- and the entire internet -- that I am not appropriately supportive.

That's not a kind woman then. :(
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Society sends the message that chocolates and flowers must be given on VD if you love your woman. Your man successfully received the message and is showing his love. Chocolate will not kill you, just learn to dole it out to yourself in proper portions and for treats. There will always be food in your face, it's up to you to control how you ingest it. Now go show the man you appreciate his efforts, and let him know you're trying to avoid massive temptations.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's hillarious watching the people that don't get a troll post. :wink: :drinker:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Eat the candy and be happy to have a boyfriend who buys you things.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Society sends the message that chocolates and flowers must be given on VD if you love your woman. Your man successfully received the message and is showing his love. Chocolate will not kill you, just learn to dole it out to yourself in proper portions and for treats. There will always be food in your face, it's up to you to control how you ingest it. Now go show the man you appreciate his efforts, and let him know you're trying to avoid massive temptations.

This
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Early in my marriage my DH would find treats to bring home when he knew I was exercising. After a while, I realized two things.
    1) he was feeling insecure
    2) he likes curvy girls, or he wouldnt have picked me!

So, i simply told him one day that I love his gifts and nights out to eat, but I want a long and happy life with him. I didnt want one where I was obese or unhealthy...and for this to happen, I needed his support.

After that, I got flowers, not cheesecake. I got raquet ball dates, not dinner, movies and candy....and I lost 70 lbs with him supporting me.
    I gained some back and am working on it again, but he is totally on board, bc he knows if makes me happy to be healthy.

You just have to word it the right way, :)

^^^ This.... worked for me :)
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    OP, just be glad he didn't show up at your door with an over the top collection of candy, stuffed animals, flowers, balloons and heart shaped glasses. Of course, if he had, we'd probably be filling out the missing person forms today.....
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    OP, just be glad he didn't show up at your door with an over the top collection of candy, stuffed animals, flowers, balloons and heart shaped glasses. Of course, if he had, we'd probably be filling out the missing person forms today.....

Is OP 18 years old? Does she like nutella? :laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

She seems way too classy.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

With an invitation to the enchanted forest?
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I think he must be lying considering he is male.

LOL. Sexist much?

I smoked a medicinal substance last night and ate some of what came with the flowers and I don't know how much longer I can stay away from the big box... it has chocolates with peanut butter filling!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Based on all of this I am really concerned he is trying to sabotage me. WHAT SHOULD I DO????

You mean you smoked lot and got the munchies. Throw them out or give them away but you're just going to stuff yourself with something else.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

EL

OH

EL

OH

EL
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    It's hillarious watching the people that don't get a troll post. :wink: :drinker:

I think I have found a new pastime.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Is everything on the internet just assumed to be a troll post?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

No, but it does help when you know who the OP is and their previous posting history.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

If you did, you'd be right more often than not.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

Oh. I see. Just got it. Well this was fun.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

This isn't a troll, it's real life.