Seafood Spice Blends

Options
What do you gals and guys like using on seafood spice wise?
Right now I'm liking a nice mix of rosemary, thyme, sage, black peppercorn, and sea salt

Replies

• jbwent
    jbwent Posts: 27
    Options
    Depends on the seafood, but Old Bay or Phillips are a nice all purpose spice. Throw a little white wine in the mix your using that'll really bring it up a notch.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Herbes de Provence for French style, Cavenders for Greek style, Rendzvous for Memphis style, Prudhommes or Emeril's for Louisiana style. Garlic festival has some great seasoning blends. Garam masala with some whole coriander for Indian style. Garlic, ginger, chili, lemon and soy sauce for Seychelles style. Chinese 5 spice for Chinese style
  • IVMarkIV
    IVMarkIV Posts: 116
    Options
    Hmmm...usually tuna. I am thinking of trying a really spicy sort of blend; Chinese 5 spice might work.
    Anyone try making a Curry with seafood?
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Shichimi Togarashi or Japanese Seven Spice is suppose to be the next spice blend rage. It is spicy, has orange, seaweed and peppers.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have made curry with sea food. It works great, especially with white fish and shrimp, but I'm sure salmon or tune would be good too. We like to serve curry over cauliflower instead of rice. Rice is good, but we just love using cauliflower.
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Oh a nice blend for yellow curry is onions, garlic, fresh ginger, and toasted curry powder. We garnish with cilantro and cayenne pepper. Thicken with coconut milk, yogurt, or even cream of chicken soup. Veggies: bell pepper, carrot, onion, sweet potato, kale.. Usually more winter veggies.

For green curry: jalapeño, fresh basil, and coconut milk. Add broth for more liquid. Make sure you simmer a little before adding meat and veggies so that the liquid gets the flavor of the fresh basil and jalapeño. . Veggies: squash, Chinese broccoli, green beans, snow peas.. We usually make this one in the summer.