Awesome Breakfast, low calorie high protein

Mommy2bug2
Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
Take one egg, and 1 Tbl water. Mix together. Cook till its almost done, add cottage cheese, and cinnamon. Fold in half. Slide on plate and top with sugar free jelly or Agave. Lots of protein, and even my 11 year old loves them.

Replies

• SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 766 Member
    Sounds good. I made a version of this with vanilla greek yogurt and sliced strawberries and blueberries.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Sounds good. I can't have the cottage cheese though due to the sodium content. My trainer has me watching the Na intake.

I randomly came up with a quick breakfast idea:

4 sweet potatoes
    1-2 ripe bananas
    1/2 cup stevia or whatever sweetener you prefer
    3 egg whites
    nutmeg
    cinnamon
    4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    milled chia seed
    milled flax seed
    1-2 cups oatmeal
    1/2 cup milk

So of course boil the potatoes, peel the skin off and mash along with the bananas. Add eggs and mix well, add in protein powder, mix well, then add the rest of your ingredients and mix. Put in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes, an voila, you've got high carb/high protein side to go with a side of eggs and a cup of green tea for breakfast. I eat this before an intense cardio workout.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Sounds good. I can't have the cottage cheese though due to the sodium content. My trainer has me watching the Na intake.

I randomly came up with a quick breakfast idea:

4 sweet potatoes
    1-2 ripe bananas
    1/2 cup stevia or whatever sweetener you prefer
    3 egg whites
    nutmeg
    cinnamon
    4 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    milled chia seed
    milled flax seed
    1-2 cups oatmeal
    1/2 cup milk

So of course boil the potatoes, peel the skin off and mash along with the bananas. Add eggs and mix well, add in protein powder, mix well, then add the rest of your ingredients and mix. Put in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes, an voila, you've got high carb/high protein side to go with a side of eggs and a cup of green tea for breakfast. I eat this before an intense cardio workout.

Unfortunately, this sounds like it would use up half of my calories for the day.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Oh, sorry, you don't eat it all at once. I get bout half a cup at a time. It's kinda like a casserole. I can eat from this for a few days. I also eat it for a snack if I haven't met my macros for the day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    I'm happy with my sliced apple microwaved with cinnamon and nutmeg, a boiled egg, and 2 slices of center cut bacon.
  • judy76751
    judy76751 Posts: 4 Member
    I have really struggled with a breakfast that would keep me full for any length of time. I finally figured out what works for me! I cook scrambled eggs (1 whole egg+2 egg whites) or omelet with no filling or toppings and approximately 1-1/2 - 2 cups cut up steamed broccoli with a little Brummell & Brown. My other go to breakfast that stays with me is 1 cup skim milk, 1 frozen banana, 1 Tablespoon peanut butter put all ingredients in vita mix until liquified. These 2 breakfasts will keep me satisfied until lunch.

People kept telling me oatmeal and things of that nature and that just made me feel like I needed to go back to bed. This works for me and It keeps me energized.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I'm weird but I can't get past the 'omelette with sweet things' part. I'd just make cottage cheese pancakes I think...