Fitness Kickboxers! Let me see your Before and Afters!

Options
2»

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yeah i did turbo jam too! but i find when i have outside motivation its better for me to be accountable to going, being there, watching my food.. ,etc! Great job with your Turbo loss!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Trying to get reinspired after a terrible two months.... anything will help! stories, success stories, and pictures are all welcome!
  • 4Shantel4
    4Shantel4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love using Natalie Eco's Kickboxing video on Youtube.. its 18 mins but really intense.. I wish she had a DVD cause I don't have time to attend the class here in Jacksonville :-/
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just started kickboxing a month ago and at the same time started eating healthy...after my very first class I was in so much pain (but a good kind of pain of course) lol now I have been going for an hour of kickboxing 3 times a week and have never felt better...and its so much fun too. I have lost 8lbs since starting and am noticing I am getting my curves back :-)
  • jaenders06
    jaenders06 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started kickboxing at my local YMCA last month. My class is a mix of kickboxing, glute and core workouts. My first class at the beginning of April had 4 people in it. As of last week our class has grown to about 15 and hopefully more soon. Unfortunately the class is only once a week but it's enough of a workout that you feel it. There's never the same routine and the amount of support from everyone is incredible. My old class from before I moved out of town was never like that. It was more of an everyone for themselves but this is completely different. I'm looking to join the Body Combat class the YMCA offers twice a week now.

Since starting my class I've been able to drop 10 lbs in about 8 weeks without even changing my diet too much (believe me it's not 100% healthy, maybe not even 75% healthy!) Yes, I was sore for the first 2 or 3 weeks but it has gotten so much better and that class is the highlight of my week. This week I've even convinced a friend of mine to give it a try and see what she thinks. Maybe I have the beginnings of a fitness tribe here! It's so nice to see there are so many people interested in kickboxing. If anyone has any ideas or good tips on where I can get good at home DVD's (I don't really care for my P90X too much) send me a request or a note! The more the better!
  • beccagetsskinny
    beccagetsskinny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i've started kickboxing a few months back, and though it didn't help me lose weight, it did help me keep weight off. If anything, kickboxing taught me that it's not how much or how hard you exercise, it's what you eat that makes you burn the fat/calories.

I also love the exercise and it's a lot more fun than jogging and doesn't destroy my body like marathon training.

i broke my ankle, too, so so this was a fun thing to do instead of playing soccer.

I'll post before/after pictures in august.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!