Coffee?

Options
Do you guys drink coffee? If so do you log you coffee drinks? Is coffee really bad or just bad? lol

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I drink mine black. I log it as "black coffee" and IMO it isn't horrible for a person, in moderation .. as long as it isn't FULL of cream and sugar.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i use to drink 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day, but i cut back to just one in the mornings and i log it.
    i drink Newmans Own Extra Bold, and its only 2 calories.... plus i drink mine with one packet of Truvia and no cream. so no extra calories there.
    And coffee is not bad (if u mean weight loss wise) it is actually a mild appetite suppressant.
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    What is truva? I did mean for weight loss, and unfortunately I drink mine with cream and splenda....uhh ooo.....not to mention I love the Christmas blend with french.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i drink decafe all day long! i can't get down with the stevia but i heard splenda was bad but it the only thing i use i cook with it and everything
  • chris2991
    Options
    just Avoid cream and sugar and its fine. if you need to sweeting it alittle add skim milk
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee because my doctor said it would help my lungs. I have some lung issues, and it does seem to help. I drink it with milk and sometimes unrefined sugar, and always log it.
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    FOR SURE....I recently was drinking up to 4c of joe a day...........& currently I haven't had a cup in a few days ....I'll probably stay dry for a month......will see................
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i have my coffee with chocolate stevia and skim milk.... i log it its not that many calories
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    FOR SURE....I recently was drinking up to 4c of joe a day...........& currently I haven't had a cup in a few days ....I'll probably stay dry for a month......will see................

Haha! Good Luck, hopefully no withdraws!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cup every morning- with real milk and real sugar. I have worked my way down to .25 cup of milk and 3 tsp sugar (= 85 cals).

Caffeine is the crux of the argument about coffee- its an accelerant that can have multiple good effects (like increasing your cognative abilities, and helping fuel your workout) and bad effects (like messing up your central nervous system or creating minor irregularities in bowel movements). It's just like everything else- moderation is key.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of coffee each day, one in the morning, one for lunch. No sugar, just a bit milk. Never had any probs with weight loss that could have been something to do with my coffee. I log it of course and still try to get my 8 cups of water a day at least.
  • pinkissheek
    Options
    I worked as a barista for almost two years and I can personally tell you that the coffee drinks in coffee house are terrible unless you know what you are ordering...all we have in town is a starbucks so I'll use that as an example but all coffee houses should work about the same...Instead of ordering a tall vanilla cappucino order a skinny vanilla cappucino, this tells your barista that not only do you want to have skim milk but you also want sugar free syrup...see if you just said a nonfat vanilla cappucino then they would still use the regular syrup...but ask what all they have in sugar free as far as flavors are concerned...and keep in mind the ratio of coffee to milk..

cappucino= 2-1 coffe to milk ratio
    latte = 1-3 coffee to milk ration
    meaning that there is more coffee in a cappucino which means fewer calories! If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    i have my coffee with chocolate stevia and skim milk.... i log it its not that many calories

What is stevia... and tuvia....are these sugar substitutes? Are they better than splenda?
  • denis0313
    Options
    I log mine...which forces me to stick to one or two cups per day!
  • cowpoke06
    Options
    I freaking love coffee. I drink it in the morning...whatever fits in my travel mug. I also sometimes drink it at at night! Coffee itself as far as calories is pretty much nothing...I think like 5 calories is what I log for 3 cups of coffee. I try to not use the store creamers like cofee mate unless that's all that's available. That stuff has tons of unnecessary calories and it's not worth it. Usually I use about an 1/8 of a cup of skim milk with a packet of zero calorie sweetener. I can't give up the coffee and I don't like it black (unless it's really good expensive coffee which I don't buy!) I've read that coffee makes you more deyhydrated so it's really important to get good water intake. I carry a 32 oz nalgene bottle EVERYWHERE i go. It even has a carabener on it (spelling?) so that I can hook it to my purse if I need to :)
  • 1CALIJIBARO2
    Options
    Yep..the ol withdrawl symptoms....I have strong headaches all day & nite.....It seems no dose of aspirin helps........I'll have to dish it out .........
  • Dreamerlove
    Options
    I have 1 cup every morning- with real milk and real sugar. I have worked my way down to .25 cup of milk and 3 tsp sugar (= 85 cals).

Caffeine is the crux of the argument about coffee- its an accelerant that can have multiple good effects (like increasing your cognative abilities, and helping fuel your workout) and bad effects (like messing up your central nervous system or creating minor irregularities in bowel movements). It's just like everything else- moderation is key.

hmm interesting, I never thought about caffeine. So what is the true verdict about caffeine? I like it for the caffeine, so decaf is kinda pointless for me. but I know soda is horrible for you...I also know the five hour energy are SUPER bad! I had to go the the doctors for taking those.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options

What is stevia... and tuvia....are these sugar substitutes? Are they better than splenda?

i use liquid stevia it's an extract from a plant... very potent i only use 4 tiny drops for 8 oz of coffee... supposedly its safe and has been used for a very long time
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I dont log my coffee although i probably should, i always over estimated my milk in my cereal (i thought it was 100ml, turns out i was actually pouring out 50-60mls) , i only use about 20mls for the 2 cups after that with sweetner.

Has to be coffee beans ground up, my stomach really doesnt like instant.
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black. I log it as "black coffee" and IMO it isn't horrible for a person, in moderation .. as long as it isn't FULL of cream and sugar.

I like my coffee sweet and creamy. I drink 2 LARGE mugs every morning. But i log it every morning. I know the rules on not drinking my calories, but I figure if I truly want to make this a life changing habit then I have to figure out what I am really ready to give up....and sweet and creamy coffee is not it!! I use evaporated milk and splenda/sugar mix.