How to account for missed day

Options
Hello. Great app and community. I look forward to conversing more with everyone here. I have been using the app for a couple weeks. Missed logging one day. I wasn't sure how this affects everything. I don't want to throw off my averages and all. Should I just enter some meals and calories (I don't remember exact meals, but was between 2500 and 3000 for the day i'm sure. Or does the app just ignore skipped days so as not to affect weekly/long term averages?)

Thanks

Replies

• BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Unless you can remember everything you ate and log it accurately, there's not much point putting in random meals and calories. I'd just ignore it and move on.
  • Hash5m
    Hash5m Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No big deal bro .. just update today's food intake and leave what you missed .. try to log your food as soon as you finish eating them so that you do not forget the portions nor the meal itself .. the logging helps you to know how much you are eating .. so it won't affect your weight nor anything .. you get to log everything by yourself and MyFitnessPal just make it easier for you .. hope my answer helped :p !!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Your weekly average calories are only calculated through days where you have added at least one item to your food diary, so not logging won't throw that out. However, if you log nothing, your weekly net calories will be out, as it will show a day where it thinks you haven't eaten anything.

You could just do a quick added calorie amount of 2500 - 3000 if you can't remember what you ate. To be honest though, it's only one day and it's not going to make a difference in the long run. I'd just move on and forget about it.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd quick add 2500
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd quick add 2500

I would too. Mainly to hold myself accountable to having eaten those calories.
  • mmeier99
    mmeier99 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I typically don't log in on the weekends just because I am so busy I don't get the chance. To ensure I can log everything properly, I keep a small notepad in my purse or use the memo pad on my cell phone to log my meals for the weekend, and then enter everything into MFP when I log in on Monday morning. I find it keeps me accountable and ensures that I never miss a day.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm with the "ignore it and move on" people.

Just a tip, however. I pre-log food into my diary for the purpose of planning and to help keep me on the plan. If my eating varies from what I previously entered, it's easy to go back and adjust before I close it out for the day. (This doesn't work as well if you travel or if your habits are erratic.)