Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm working through menopause too. Hard to keep the weight off if I'm not vigilant. I'm sending a friend request.
  • AliveNThrive
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51, back on MFP wanting to lose 35 lbs. First week went well. :) I learned about MFP a couple of years ago, created an account, but didn't get into it. Life's been busy--I'm a sandwich caring for a child at home and an elderly mom while working and now going to school. Hard to focus on being healthy and active with so much to do, but I've cleared the space (mainly in my head) and feel motivated!!! Great tools to help a busy mom: two slow cookers, which gets one in the planning mode. No more drive through fast food!
  • carolley
    Options
    vt78che...Thanks, looking forward to the challenge. Best of luck to you as well. Living by the water would be so inspirational to me. Nothing like being on the water. Enjoy your Monday.
  • jannof
    jannof Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just turned 50 and so glad I found this site! I've been on it for 60 days and have lost 10 pounds so far :smile: I have never been so motivated!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Just turned 49 here. Send me a friend request...I think us that are 40+ need to support each other!!
  • Michael828nc
    Michael828nc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 45. Went from 288 down to 219. Over the last few weeks though, I've kinda slacked off because weather has made it impossible to leave house and get to gym, and I've tack on 5 pounds. Glad to see some "mature" faces on here. :)
  • MEllenRMD
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Just joined (again) today, after 2 years, gained all my weight back, starting menopause, addicted to Cheetos, and HATE to workout. I'm 48. Quite frankly, I'm so so sick of dealing with my weight, its been a lifelong issue. I'm doing this casually, and am not going to kick myself when I'm down, I need to just go with the flow and move slowly this time. I'd like to lose 70 lbs, and if it takes me 5 years, so be it.
  • thutch40
    thutch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm starting lupron this week that will throw me into menopause so not looking forward to that. Worked so hard to lose this amount don't want to gain.
  • SydnieBean5
    Options
    I too, took a break thinking I could do without tracking what I ate but the pounds crept back on and now I am back. Support and accountability are a must for me. Turned Forty and It is definitely harder and harder to maintain a healthy weight and still enjoy food like I used to. Cranking up the cardio to keep everything groovy :P
  • maryh1966
    maryh1966 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im in the boat with you late 40's completely amazed at how week i have become and no stamina for exercising. Didn't notice at all until i got serious about losing weight and working out. Hard to get over when at the gym but i am.Looking to lose 80-100 lbs:happy:
  • beckyplummer
    beckyplummer Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are... if you want add me to your friend
  • whisperer02
    Options
    Hi. I am 53 and have beennkn and off of mfp for 3 years. I exercise 3 to 5 days a week. Just started leslie sansons walking program and have found i love it. I also throw in a jillian micheals dvd once a week. I have about 12 pounds to go and want to tone up more than anything. I also gave away my big clothes and totally refuse to buy anything larger. This is not a diet for me, i am making it my way of life. Add me if you like for encouragement or just to exchange ideas.
  • mishka45
    mishka45 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 45, feel free to add me!! :smile:
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, there!

I just joined MFP in Sept, turned 57 in November, and had a chemo induced early menopause in my 40s. Never fear though, I'm mean as a hornet! :wink:

Feel free to add me, any old fogies reading this :laugh:
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm 51 years old, going through menopause and having a bad time losing this weight. I lost 46 lbs. about 3 years ago on WW, only to gain it back - plus 4. The weight just fell off me then, and now I've started up again and find that it's so much harder. I'm not giving up, though.

Please feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like.
  • mcdowella2
    Options
    Hi, I'm 50 and trying to start a healthier lifestyle! I've been here for a week. I have used weight watchers in the past, but this really seems to fit better. You can add me, we can support each other.
  • sark1971
    sark1971 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and struggling big time!
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Big over 40 welcome!
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im SUE I'm 29 with 14years experience
    and I started back on MFP in December because of my own health scare
    diabetes high blood pressure morbidly obese bad cholesterol etc
    Doc gave me 2 months to fix my numbers or go on meds
    I fixed my numbers(found out last monday I am OK enough to not need meds)
    I am now fixing the rest to make those numbers even better and lose weight and get in shape
    I am a mom of 5 boys
    married to my guy for 18years
    and I am on here everyday
    I have lost 38lbs so far but I have a long ways to go to get to where I need to be
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Raising my hand. I'm in the 40+ club and it's definitely harder than it used to be but I'm hanging in there. Feel free to add me.