Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    54 and just trying to stay healthy.

Height - 5' 4"
    SW - 155 lbs
    CW - 145 lbs
    GW - 135 lbs

Two years ago my son and husband and I went mountain climbing. I struggled horribly. I've been doing some minor body resistance exercises and walking, and tracking all of my food. I lost 15 lbs, but since the holidays I've put back five lbs. It's hard to get out to walk due to the extreme cold here, but I'm doing it when I can. I want to try that mountain again this summer and want to skip up the danged thing.
  • DaisyGrammy
    DaisyGrammy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We have a great group of about 130 ladies:
    Search groups:

Fifty, Female and Fun!

Alot of nice sweet ladies and tons of wisdom and support
  • palmtree51
    palmtree51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I totally get it. Along with my menopause came 20 pounds. I'm at least on the hot flash side no more periods!!!!::woohoo...Now to get the weight off
  • deanaeiland
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I've let my weight creep back up and haven't exercised in a long while. I'm back tracking my food and just bought Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD - wish me luck! I can use all the motivation I can get and am happy to return the favor. Let's do this!
  • snoble
    snoble Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Sue - I am 56 and about 3 years ago I lost 56 pounds on My Fitness Pal. I logged faithfully. Since then my mother died, we relocated, my 19 year old twins have had a total of 4 accidents and my daughter was raped. Needless to say I quit logging on my fitness pal and gained 53 of the 56 pounds back. My health declined especially walking due to knee pain. In Dec 2013 I joined TOPS and started logging on My Fitness Pal again. Please feel free to add me as your friend
  • danskmor
    danskmor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are menopausal or even peri-menopausal, be sure to have your thyroid checked at your next physical. If you are diligent with your intake but still can not lose or stay steady it's a good place to start.
  • bigislandryan
    bigislandryan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    43 year old male here. It's funny watching inspiration videos from kids in their early 20s whose starting point is healthier than my end goal! Baaah! Any other 40+ folks who want to connect, add me and lets hold each other accountable. :)
  • nikkijames123
    nikkijames123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is NIcole. I am 46 with two young boys (had childeren late) I am very unhappy with my falling off my diet yo yo thing again. I think I am pre menapaus and I don't drop weight like I used to. I am feeling challenged and I am not motivated to work out. you? I have a work out area. A work out bench a bike and a stretching mat calling me in the basement but I just put my earplugs in...how do you get motivated to excercise?? I am also a low carb dieter FYI. Sugar just keeps me fat and makes me feel ill, I like it going down but processing it is a challenge.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I am 45, I have lost 24.5 lbs since mid December tracking with mfp and eating low carb due to my diabetes.
    I hope to reach my goal weight within a years time. I have just under 100 to lose now.
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and have pretty good luck with MFP. You can add me if you like.
  • kimkay1985
    kimkay1985 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and lost 27lbs so far. Feel free to add me!
  • kellyculler5
    kellyculler5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 51 and in menopause. Gained weight after stopping exercise while getting masters degree and using food to get through. I can use all the support I can get and loved supporting other people.

Kelly
  • clarabeau51
    clarabeau51 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 51 with an ever increasing ammount of weight to lose help!
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'll be 45 in June. Feel free to add me as well.
  • sandymom10
    sandymom10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Yep, I'm right there with you! Im 47, lost and gained multiple times. My kids are 18, 21 and 26. We are 'almost' empty nesters. I've just sent you a friend request. Good luck on your journey here!
  • tammykissinger
    tammykissinger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    51 - have been using MFP for the second time since last fall, started walking and have lost 25 lbs. Would like to lose another 7 lbs so I need motivated as well! Feel free to add me!
  • Shiquitta53
    Shiquitta53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 55+ working through menopause and the weight loss has been back and forth. Stop taking the hormone replacement and working through naturally. I have been going to the gym and the weight isdropping very slowly dropping. :smile:
  • montgomeryk12
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I just recently had my 45th birthday and I've been overweight my entire life. Lost 67 lbs and gained some back, so now I'm on the road to recovery.:happy: I am looking for a group which is willing to help each other on this journey.
  • lcroslin
    lcroslin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I'm 52 and over the last two years I have watched with horror as the weight has climbed back onto my tiny 5'1" frame. So, I'm back on the site to help me get back to a healthy BMI. I can't blame it all to my age though. I went through a very difficult year emotionally and many of my old, bad, eating habits came back. I try not to beat myself up about it. I'm just getting back on the healthy eating habits and moving forward. But, what's been most frustrating to me is my inability to sleep at night. I wake up constantly. I can't sleep through the night anymore. I've been told it's related to my age.
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Its the big 50 for me in May so I am determined to lose this excess weight, add me and I shall help you all I can

Shell :):smile: