"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 5

Options
Week 5 of 9

- Week Five, We yearn to strive.-

Week 4, went ok. I have been so busy between caring for Toby, he still has a long road to go. And work. Its crazy this time of year, which leaves me tired at times. But Im doing what I can to survive. I have been rather stressed over the past week and a half. Im grateful that Toby is getting back up to par. Hes on his down hill stretch of meds. I hope he can regain the rest of his balance with time. My poor baby walks like hes drunk. He started to get his balance back in order, and his tail finally started wagging again, so now were back at square one. I hope he can get his balance back in order the rest of the way. Hes acting more and more like my Toby.. I miss his jumping and being all excited. I hope he gets it back. Its been rough watching him struggle so much. But Im getting there. Ive lost grasp of part of my weight loss. Ive been focusing mainly on getting him better. In the process I just havent really been keeping very good track.

WELCOME: To any new comers out there. You are ALWAYS welcomed.. Now matter how far into the challenge we are. Always feel free to invite more people. New members, old members, lost members.. They are all welcomed.

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 5
WEEK 5 (11/27) - Try a new healthy food, Something you’ve NEVER had before. Look for new healthy recipes online. Maybe we can share some, for those who might struggle with this one. You have tons of sources around you.. Use them wisely.. =)

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 5
WEEK 5 (11/27) - Try a new exercise 3 times, for 30 minutes each this week.

CHALLENGE 3 - WEEK 5
WEEK 5 (11/27) - Try 2 new exercise incorporating your arms and your legs this week. Do these new exercises 3 times this week. Atleast 10 minutes a piece.. They can be completely new exercises or ones you have taken out of your routine. Feel free to share your exercises you came up with, with everyone.

Here we are MIDWAY, thru our challenge. How is everyone feeling? Are we getting any closer to our goals we made at the beginning of the challenge? My personal challenge for the week is to get back on track. Gotta get centered in again.. =)

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “So many people spend their health gaining wealth, and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health.” - AJ Materi

^^^^^^^^^
To go along with this weeks quote… Remember when trying to regain your health to lose it while trying to find wealth. What good is it to find wealth if you don’t have your health to enjoy it. Your health will always be more important than wealth ever will be.

ATTENTION: We are still debating on the next challenge.. Ideas are still welcomed.. PLEASE share them with everyone!

Here’s to week 5, and all the challenges and temptations that may arrive.. =)

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Thanks April for all you do in your more than hectic life!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Thanks for yet another fantastic opening post, April. <3
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It's slow going, but I'm looking forward, not back (or down!)
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    APRIL,
    I cant imagine what your going through with your dog. I am so sorry. Its hear wrenching isnt is. :brokenheart: I have 4 dogs and i have one that is as old as the hills and she falls sometimes cuz her back legs are so weak. When the young ones run by her and bump her its hard for her and she get all mad lol. The worst is when she goes up my 3 steps to get on my bed she has fallen off more and more and it is so sad. She is bound and deterrmined to sleep on my bed no matter how many dogs beds are on the floor. I think its so cute that toby starting wagging his tail again. Man weird how we take so much for granted sometimes. We all need to stop and kiss our pooches and meows and all the creatures we have around us even our kids lol. Im sorry also that you are having the extra tress plus work, life can be so hard sometimes. Keep us informed on Tobys improvments and i hope its fast. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. Im sorry for the delay.. life has really been hectic for me. Last week my husband and I had a rough patch for a few days, and it got the best of me. But things are back in order. Ive been having some pressure/discomfort in my lower abdomen, and my chest is starting to hurt. dunno if its TOM trying to come for a visit or what Im hoping it is. We will see. heh.. I pray every month that I end up pregnant.. we will see.. Although my in laws probably wont like it. I dont care.. so Facebook friends.. SHHH dont mention it on my page.. lol.. but doing good other than that.. :)

Thanks for your wishes on my Doggy.. I stop and kiss my animals every day.. Before I go to bed, go to work, go to town, anything. I give them lots of kisses.. They are like kids to me. I have 3 furry kids.. :) 2 dogs and 1 cat.. I wouldnt trade them for anything.. My MIL doesnt come over because she cant breath around the dander.. lol.. and its not that bad.. but oh well.. hehe
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I hope your dog is feeling better :(

Good luck conceiving! My husband & I have been trying for a while; that's what has led me here. :) and I'll be doing your Christmas Challenge!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thanks April for another week with great challenges. Don't feel bad about the delay, we totally understand! I'm just happy that you are back and that your dog is doing better.:happy: I'm crossing my fingers for you to be pregnant!

I've been struggling with eating healthy meals. That's why I think it would be a good thing if we would post the new recipes we find and try. I don't have much creativity in the kitchen and since my daughter was born we kinda change our daily menu around the meals she likes. (which of course was a big mistake since she doesn't eat much veggies beside salads... she loves pasta, pizza, poutine...all the fatty food) but now she's nine and she understand that mommy needs to makes changes in order to lose the weight. She's all happy when I eat something good for me. I need recipes that will please her but also don't interfere with my goals. If you have suggestions to where to look for recipes I would really appreciate your help.

:flowerforyou: ciao for now:flowerforyou:
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Sad post, just need to talk to someone who doesn't know me...

I have been MIA well seems the beginning it feels like. I think way back I was sick and just really exhausted, then I got a call that my grandmother was in hospital and wasn't expected to survive. This was a shock as I just spoke to her. She lives out west and I am out east and have been wanting to visit her for some time but am barely working right now. The plan was to get out in Christmas but that wasn't going to happen so it was a summer trip I hoped.

My grandma passed away this past sunday morning, and I am heartbroken...she was asking for me to come :(( I am just so heartbroken...I have not been eating well I have not been sleeping and certainly not excercising....Since I got the call sunday morning I have been sobbing non stop...broke down in the grocery store even..:sad:

I just am so upset I know a lot of you here have also had losses very recently. I don't know how you are all surviving this. Luckily I do not have to work this week except Thurs I do have orientation for a few hours for a new job. Hopefully I can get through that.

You all seem to be so strong..and I feel like I have lost everything. I will regret the rest of my life that I hadn't seen her for so long, and that she was asking for me and I couldn't be there for her.

Thanks for listening. Hopefully I will get back on track soon.
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AprilVal,

I hope your furbaby continues to improve...I would be devastated if anything happened to my Sylvester.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Sad post, just need to talk to someone who doesn't know me...

I have been MIA well seems the beginning it feels like. I think way back I was sick and just really exhausted, then I got a call that my grandmother was in hospital and wasn't expected to survive. This was a shock as I just spoke to her. She lives out west and I am out east and have been wanting to visit her for some time but am barely working right now. The plan was to get out in Christmas but that wasn't going to happen so it was a summer trip I hoped.

My grandma passed away this past sunday morning, and I am heartbroken...she was asking for me to come :(( I am just so heartbroken...I have not been eating well I have not been sleeping and certainly not excercising....Since I got the call sunday morning I have been sobbing non stop...broke down in the grocery store even..:sad:

I just am so upset I know a lot of you here have also had losses very recently. I don't know how you are all surviving this. Luckily I do not have to work this week except Thurs I do have orientation for a few hours for a new job. Hopefully I can get through that.

You all seem to be so strong..and I feel like I have lost everything. I will regret the rest of my life that I hadn't seen her for so long, and that she was asking for me and I couldn't be there for her.

Thanks for listening. Hopefully I will get back on track soon.

Oh honey. *hug* I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Losing family, especially so close to the holidays, is especially gut-wrenching. I've been there too. You'll find the strength inside you to continue on. You'll never fully loose the pain of loss, but you will learn how to live with it. I hope you're able to find happiness this Christmas season. Take care of yourself. And come talk to us whenever you need to vent.
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    First off~hugs to April and puppy kisses to Toby~thank you April !!
    weigh in was yesterday morning 297.2
    (but!! I got up here at 1am can't sleep and just stepped on the scale and it read 292!! no way!!)

Big hoorays to ALL~
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    @ iluvwdw - Oh sweetie! I'm so so sorry to hear about your grandmother! My heart goes out to you and you will be in my prayers, hun! *warm hugs* Please take care of yourself and take it easy. I know it hurts so bad right now, but the pain won't always be so bad. Remember all the things you loved about her and all the happiness she brought to your life. And don't hesitate to feel that happiness again - I'm sure she wants your life full of joy and happiness and wouldn't want you to be too sad. Though, I know it's almost impossible not to be right now.

Send me a message if you ever want to talk.

XO
    ~Stacy
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    @aprilval - Glad to hear your dog is coming along :) there's nothing worse than a sick or injured pet :( i spent all night the evening before thanksgiving out in our barn waiting on the vet call since my beloved horse got kicked in the head and sliced open right above his eye. it's going to take quite a bit of time and care but should heal okay.

@iluvwdw - Very sorry for your loss. :( I wish I could tell you it would get better and that time would heal you. But I lost my dad 2 years ago and I still have days (like last week) where I completely break down and simply cannot function without bawling. A part of me is still a child inside and is screaming "I'm tired of missing him and him being gone, it's been long enough, can't he just be back here now???" although completely unreasonable it's exactly how my thought process goes :( *hugs*
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great opening April :) I hope Toby continues to get better.

iluvwdw ..I'm so sorry for your loss. I know all to well and recently how it is to talk with Grandma one day and to get that horrible news the next day. I wish you much strength and comfort to get you through this trying time. *hugs*
  • kattungen
    Options
    Stats from Friday:
    Weigh-in time! :D

SW (30.10) - 190 lbs
    W2 (05.11) - 188.5 lbs - 1.5 lbs loss
    W3 (12.11) - 185.6 lbs - 2.9 lbs loss
    W4 (19.11) - 185.6 lbs - 0 lbs loss
    CW (26.11) - 184.0 lbs - 1.6 lbs loss
    A Total Loss of: 6.0 lbs :D

I'm half-way! :D
  • jsecret
    Options
    SW for this challenge: 186
    Saturday weight: 179.2
    Current weight: 178.4
    GW for this challenge: 174

7.6 lbs down and 4.4 lbs to go!

I had hit a hard plateau and then I ate a bunch on thanksgiving weekend and instead of gaining it broke my plateau and I massively lost lol, AWESOME!!!

4.4 lbs to go and 4 weeks to go = 1.1 lbs a week, I can totally do this!!!
  • jsecret
    Options
    Stats from Friday:
    Weigh-in time! :D

SW (30.10) - 190 lbs
    W2 (05.11) - 188.5 lbs - 1.5 lbs loss
    W3 (12.11) - 185.6 lbs - 2.9 lbs loss
    W4 (19.11) - 185.6 lbs - 0 lbs loss
    CW (26.11) - 184.0 lbs - 1.6 lbs loss
    A Total Loss of: 6.0 lbs :D

I'm half-way! :D

That's fantastic!!! I bet you can't wait to show off at Christmas!!!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    @aprilval - Glad to hear your dog is coming along :) there's nothing worse than a sick or injured pet :( i spent all night the evening before thanksgiving out in our barn waiting on the vet call since my beloved horse got kicked in the head and sliced open right above his eye. it's going to take quite a bit of time and care but should heal okay.

@iluvwdw - Very sorry for your loss. :( I wish I could tell you it would get better and that time would heal you. But I lost my dad 2 years ago and I still have days (like last week) where I completely break down and simply cannot function without bawling. A part of me is still a child inside and is screaming "I'm tired of missing him and him being gone, it's been long enough, can't he just be back here now???" although completely unreasonable it's exactly how my thought process goes :( *hugs*

@iluvwdw - Im sorry about your loss. I know you are upset that you didnt go see your grandmother. Try not to life in regret hun. Just remember her for when she was healthy, and keep the good memories afloat. Take care of yourself hun. We are here if you need anything. ~hugs~

@jsecret- I lost my dad 5 years ago, and I too have that "inner" child, wanting my Daddy to come back. I have good days and bad. More good now than bad. I hate it because those who havent lost a parent or their father they dont understand. I get soo jealous around the holidays, and fathers day especially, when i see fathers and daughters together. I cant help but wish that was me, but I know that wont ever happen. Then I get mad at the ladies that hate their dad for stupid reasons. I always just want to tell them to be thankful that they have their fathers. It took me 3 years after my dad died for me to get married. I couldnt imagine getting married without him walking me down the isle. Then when I did, there were comments about how my dad "didnt" walk me down the isle. And that was a killer. Because he would have if he would have been alive. Although I know my few seconds I was alone, he was standing right there with me, in spirit. I miss him soo much.. I totally understand how you feel hun..

CONGRATS on all the weight losses everyone.. Keep up the good work..

THANKS for the wishes for Toby to continue to get better.. I love him soooooooo much!
  • AprilVal
    Options
    Does anyone have anything Exciting coming up in week 6? Something they are celebrating? Any kinda good news out there?? I wanna start incorporating that in to the new week forum.. so please share... Birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, kids bdays? anything..
  • jsecret
    Options
    Does anyone have anything Exciting coming up in week 6? Something they are celebrating? Any kinda good news out there?? I wanna start incorporating that in to the new week forum.. so please share... Birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, kids bdays? anything..

Not sure which week it fits into honestly lol.

My son, Kolton's 2nd birthday is December 20th! but his party is this saturday so i'm gonna hit the gym that morning and then enjoy the sloppy joes, cake, and ice cream :)