bump
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I get the cheap protein powder, so I try to help it out with sugar free jello pudding mix, maybe some peanut butter, or PB2, sometimes I'll add some flax seed. My new favorite is 1TBSP of hershey's chocolate syrup....

How to make a butterfinger flavored protein shake: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 TBSP sugar free butterscotch jello pudding mix, and 1TBSP of peanut butter. Add ice to make it thicker n creamier. YUMM!!! ;)

I just made the Butterfinger protein shake!!! Loved it!!
    I used 1 TBS PB2
    1 TBS SF Butterscotch Pudding mix
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    8 oz of unsweetened almond milk

I shook it up and did not use ice.

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
  • Darklords
    Darklords Posts: 3,175 Member
    Options
    1 -1/2 c Chocolate milk or chocolate almond milk, ice , 1/2 banana, tbsp peanut butter, 1- 1/2 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder. I f you have no protein powder you can use vanilla yogurt or Greek yogurt both are good
  • Fenrissa
    Fenrissa Posts: 116
    Options
    Bump
  • LittleMissC83
    Options
    :smile:
  • tararag
    tararag Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    banana, PB2 and almond milk!
  • tomcat81
    tomcat81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite 2 recipes:

Buttered Pecan Protein Shake
    Ingredients:
    1cup unsweetened almond milk, 2cups ice, handful of pecans or almonds(can't taste the difference), 1tsp of butter extract, 1tbs of butterscotch sugar-free pudding mix, 1 sccop vanilla protein, 2tbs flax seed, half cup of oatmeal.
    Directions:
    Add to blender and adjust with almond milk and ice to get desired consistency.

Pinapple- Upside down Cake Shake
    Ingredients:
    1cup unsweetened almond mlk, 2 cups ice, 2tbs sugar-free cheesecake pudding mix, 1/2 tbs brownsugar, 1 scoop vanilla protein, half cup of oatmeal, 1serving of greek yogurt w/pineapple or cottage cheese w/pineapple. Can add extra pineapple from can for bigger pineapple taste. Can also add flax seed for more fiber.
    Directions:
    Blend and adjust for consistency and taste.

I normally don't make anything other than regular water shakes but these shakes provide that sweet satisfaction you need after a killer workout and it tastes like a freaking dessert.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love my protein shake.. JRobb Vanilla, half a banana and 1 cup of almond milk .. THE BEST
  • Tiamaria1010
    Tiamaria1010 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That list is absolutely WONDERFUL!!

I've been drinking protein shakes for 2 weeks now and I have been making them the same everyday--1 banana, 1.5 cups of frozen fruit and 15 grapes and it BANGS!! I drink it every morning for breakfast. I eat a well balanced lunch and dinner. Sometimes I have one for dinner when I get home after my workouts--just depends on the time.

Everyone keeps telling me to use almond milk instead of water, so I am trying that tomorrow. :smile:
  • susanboycern1
    Options
    pumpkin seed
    chia seed
    flax seed
    gogi berry juice

strawberry
    blueberry

*lowest carb plain greek yogurt, be careful read the labels, some are high in carbs you don't want those! Find one that's 7-9 carbs or below per serving but only use like, 1 tablespoon
    peanut butter
    hershey's powdered coco

scoop of eas protein/vitamin powder vanilla or chocolate as desired

silk 30 cal unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    *sometimes use 1/4 cup of half & half for creamy flavor for my daughter, it's also low carb and she's picky about the taste and likes her shakes creamy

tsp of walnut oil
  • susanboycern1
    Options
    I use any combination of those with ice, just depends on what flavor we're in the mood for.
  • sachdevaraj
    Options
    WOW! that is a long list
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I add avocado and either a banana or an apple
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sachdevaraj
    Options
    BTW, I simply add 1 spoon of chia seeds. They keep you full for longer time.
  • McGuireTO
    McGuireTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm not very creative...just add water and go! Keeps the calories to a minimum! :ohwell:

This, but thanks for that list up above
  • drummygurl
    drummygurl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bumping for use later. Holy moly, lots of great ideas. Thank you to the OP for posting the question and a big thank you to all the repliers, especially the first one with the HUGE list lol.
  • coffeefreak88
    coffeefreak88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bump