When have you lied about your weight?

Options

Replies

• stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I've never lied about my weight. I refused to tell one of my friends how much I weigh, but I didn't lie.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    We've all been there! xxx

We have? :huh:
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options

We have? :huh:

havnt u????
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    kittyd7015 wrote: »

No we haven't....

I've never had any reason to lie about my weight. Come to think of it, I don't know why it would ever even really come up in conversation...I don't think anyone but my doctor and my coach have ever asked about my weight.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Never.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I've never lied about my weight. What would be the point? Everyone can see my size. Weighing less than my size suggests would mean one of 2 things. I have little muscle for my size or I'm lying.

I suppose I could lie and say I weigh more than I do, suggesting a high muscle content. But unless I was wearing loose clothing that covered most of my body, I'm not sure anyone would believe that either.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    When I had no idea what it was and told the DMV I was 10 lbs heavier than I really was. (I need to get that changed....)
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    At the DMV, but I know I'm not alone on this one
  • stayfit_ria
    stayfit_ria Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Never I just wouldn't tell anyone when they asked. Even now that I am comfortable with it and tell them, they don't believe it.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No never needed to, it's never come up.
  • kittyd7015
    Options
    No never needed to, it's never come up.
    your making me feel bad now lmao xxx
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    no. I don't think so. Well, unless you include my Driver's License...but the coolest thing happened a couple years ago when I renewed. My "lie" weight was actually correct by then. HA!
  • kittyd7015
    Options
    no. I don't think so. Well, unless you include my Driver's License...but the coolest thing happened a couple years ago when I renewed. My "lie" weight was actually correct by then. HA!

I dont tink Ill eva get dat lol xxx
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to lie whenever someone asks me my weight or even comments on it. I don't like to discuss it. I usually add 10-15 pounds to my actual weight.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    In my last job, I had to look up a lot of driver license's photos and it had their height, weight, date of birth and all that on there. Trust me, 98% of people lie about their weight on their driver's licenses and most of them are super obvious that its a lie. I actually had a report where the lady died from her medication and her driver's license was over 100 lbs off from when the coroner weighed her body. She lied about a person basically. Which is pretty obvious to a cop when you are looking at their info and then looking at them. At least keep it realistic!

But yeah my driver's license weight is a lie, but not crazy bad. lol I can't wait till I have to change it because I'm way under that weight!
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I "lied" about it when renewing my DL as well...honestly when they ask "has anything changed" it's just easy to say nope gimme my new license and get out of there. I hate the DMV *shudder*
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I've never lived in a state that lists weight on a drivers license.

I suppose for years I rounded down when asked my weight on various forms, but I never shaved more than a few pounds off my actual weight.

Last summer, when I was about five pounds less than I am now, I lied in the other direction, knowing my actual weight sounded very low (double digits).

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    never have. i think that i always look like i weigh more than i do, so no point in lying. when i say my weight, people will think i'm anorexic or something, but if they look at me, probably not.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I used to lie about how much weight I gained during pregnancy. People assumed it was 20-25lbs when in reality it was more like 45. Not sure why people would ask how much I've gained in the first place, but I was getting tired of the shock on people's faces when I told the truth, lying was easier.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I always lied about my weight on my driver's license until recently...even when I was 16 years old and first got my license, I think I said 170 lb and I was over 200.

I never minded "admitting" to weighing 200+ but I would always downplay it like 210, 220, 230. I never told anyone I was actually much heavier. Even my ex husband thought I weighed 230 and we were married for nearly a decade!!

It wasn't until I joined MFP at 272 lb that I told my husband and 2 close friends my real weight. By then I was down 45 lb from my heaviest and felt a lot better with 272 than 307. That marked the end of an era for me psychologically somehow...sounds overly dramatic I know, but I was fine telling people my weight since that day!

I remember back in the olden days of internet dating (1999-2000) my friend and I were meeting guys that way and people would often share height/weight and I always said "5'8" 220 lb" because I wanted the guys to know I was big (I was actually 270). My friend worried that no guy would want to meet me unless I said at least 170 or lower. It worked out fine for me though. I think that especially over a certain point, most people don't have a good idea of what a certain weight really even looks like anyway.