Do you put on make up for the gym?

Options
123457»

Replies

• 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    No but if I go straight from work I already have it on, and then I have to work to not go all raccoon in the sauna;)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I put make up on for Norm. :love:

Woo hoooooo.....lucky lucky
  • chelseybell92
    Options
    I always put a lil' makeup on, gym included. I just feel more comfortable with it. ^w^
  • NatashaFITNESS101
    Options
    No, but if im already wearing then i wont wash it off. Probably should though let my skin breath
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I usually have some one as I go straight from work but given I have been trying to impress someone of late a little concealer and blush doesn't hurt :)
  • lahan505
    lahan505 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually take the makeup off when I go to the gym straight from work. If I do my workout before getting ready for work, then I don't have any on to get all smeared and sweaty.
  • Shauneexo
    Shauneexo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    No, my skin would let me know it was displeased.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I heard a female trainer tell a woman the other day to stop wearing makeup to the gym because it's bad for her skin and ridiculous. I left before I heard the rest of the conversation. It probably didn't end well.
  • eh_its_sarah
    eh_its_sarah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually wear mascara. I don't like to be bare.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Why? Why would you do that to your skin? Why would you deal with sweaty make up. People go to the gym to get gross and tired. I'm not trying to get picked up at the gym I'm trying to kick my own *kitten*.
  • QCo80
    QCo80 Posts: 6
    Options
    I normally don't but I've recently started putting on mascara. Don't want to do too much since I don't want to have sweaty makeup running down my face.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Why? Why would you do that to your skin? Why would you deal with sweaty make up. People go to the gym to get gross and tired. I'm not trying to get picked up at the gym I'm trying to kick my own *kitten*.

Some people actually answered why in this thread (myself included). I am not tryiing to pick up at the gym either, I am there to kick *kitten* as well. Makeup does not change that for me.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do. I love feeling like a Barbie going into the gym and a beast coming out!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I almost always have a little eyeliner left over from the night before that I couldn't be bothered to scrub out of my eyelash bed.

But no, I do not get purposely made-up to go to the gym. I go at 4am anyway, there's no one there to impress. And I'm just going to shower afterwards, so it seems like an awful waste of extremely expensive makeup. I don't use cheap stuff.
  • trouble007
    trouble007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Makes me think of that scene in X-Men 1st Class when Mystique is bench pressing in her human form before Eric (Magneto) calls her out for putting half her effort into concentrating on looking good instead of all her effort on training.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Nope, the closest I've ever come would be a tinted moisturiser.
    It's a waste of make-up.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Nope, the closest I've ever come would be a tinted moisturiser.
    It's a waste of make-up.

Haha, this. I don't want to clog up my pores, but also, my makeup is expensive!