FitBit

Options
Who has one? And how do you like it? Has it helped you with your fitness goals?

I just bought the FitBit Flex, but I'm not even sure what all it does.

Replies

• Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have the Force and I LOVE it!! It has a really long battery life and I try to out do myself everyday, so it really has helped me to move around more!

I don't know much about the Flex, but I'm sure if you to go YouTube and check around there for videos explaining the ways to use it and what all it does. Maybe that will help.
  • bettytheyeti
    bettytheyeti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a flex, and I love it. It gives me a little push to get up and do something if my step goal isn't quite there yet, and it's fun trying to beat other peoples steps :P
    Also the sleep tracker has been great cos my sleep is quite broken, so It's good to figure out the pattern.

Add me! http://www.fitbit.com/user/2D8J29
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have the force and it makes me want to beat my daily goals, it also makes me want to beat my friends on fitbit. Very motivating
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had the Ultra and One, and now I have a Flex, and I love it.

Just recently (as in 20 minutes ago) I started a new account with my Fitbit. I set my device up to not allow calorie estimation (basically, if you always get up and work out at a certain time, Fitbit will assume you are working out even if you leave your Fitbit behind). This week, I'm wearing it to get a baseline calorie burn. Then, come next Monday night, I'm going to use the free premium trial to see how many calories over my BMR I'm actually burning on average.

I'm interested in seeing how the training feature works for me. I'm currently trying to eat around my BMR calories while gradually increasing my activity level to create more of a deficit. Currently, I do not have my Fitbit linked to MFP because I do not want to have the Fitbit adjustment (it's not needed for my purposes), but I am going to manually enter my daily calorie intake onto the Fitbit website to see how big of a deficit I have each day. (I'm making entries for 1,000, 100, 10, and 1 calorie(s) so I can piece it together.)

I do wish you could do one way syncing. I would love my MFP data to sync to Fitbit, but I don't really need my Fitbit data to sync to MFP right now.