What food is most likely to derail your diet?

Options

Replies

• cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Chocolate candy, Cheetos, Coca-Cola.. PIZZA.

Things I pretty much only allow myself to have on Saturdays.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa
    Pizza - omg pizza

Now I want pizza with chips and salsa on the side.... nom nom nom
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    any salty, crispy snack (chips, doritos, Cheetos, etc) but most of all...peanut butter. I can go through a jar in a week if I would let myself (I don't). If I have to have it, I use the single serve size like you get in the restaurants.
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    freshly baked bread, soft oatmeal raisin cookies, any chocolate/peanut butter concoction.
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    Options
    Flaming Hot Cheetos. I could EASILY mindlessly consume an entire, large bag in one sitting.

&Coke! I Could Drink Them Like Their Going Out Of Style!
  • torims6
    torims6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    -Doughnuts
    -Stacy's Pita Chips. Especially the GIANT Costco Bag... then its GAME OVER!
    -Oatmeal Chocolate-Chip Cookies
    -Funfetti Cake
    -Cinnamon Rolls
  • VioletNightshade
    Options
    I'm not "on a diet," but won't get into nit-picking your word choice since that's not really the point of the thread.

The things that are difficult for me to resist overeating are:
    - pasta. To combat this, I only eat pasta at home and only prepare one serving at a time. That way, it's so much of a hassle to go prepare more that I have time to seriously think whether or not I really want more.
    - chips and salsa. Unfortunately, packaging up serving sizes of chips seems to make them go stale quickly, so this is my major weakness.
    - Cherry or orange slices (you know those candy ones coated in sugar that look like sugary little Cheshire Cat smiles? Yeah, those.) It's just not fair. I know they're awful for me, but they're also awfully yummy.
    - Pumpkin Spice or Chai anything. Mouth's watering a little just thinking about it... mmmm...
    - veggie egg rolls and cream-cheese wontons. It's like I go into a trance. I can eat just one Pringle (here's to hoping they never make a really good tasting veggie egg roll or cream-cheese wonton flavored Pringle. It'll be my undoing, I tell you), but eating just one of those is just this side of impossible for me.
    - Chow mein. I could exist off of it and be happy.
    - Rice. Saffron rice and Rice Pilaf, specifically. My only way of getting around this is preparing it in advance, freezing it in serving-size packages and only opening one at a time. Like chow mein, I could exist off of them and eventually collapse into a sodium coma, but it'd be a happy sodium coma.
    - the little French Baguette that they serve along with most soups and salads at Panera Bread. I swear. I've had dreams about it and woken up early to drive my butt all the way across town to get it and take it to work with me and I'm not even that into bread.
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Freshly baked bread ( I live in Germany so the temptation is ginormous ), peanut and other nut butters, sometimes chocolate.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Champagne. Not a food but makes me eat any food I want afterwards.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    For the most part I don't support eliminating food or food groups, but there are certain things I will never be able to eat in moderation so I have cut them out completely:

-plain vanilla wine biscuits slathered in butter
    -Shapes & Cheds (types of flavoured cracker biscuits for any confused non-NZers)
    -cheese grilled on toast with tomato relish
    -fresh hot cross buns slathered with butter

Fortunately these are quite specific foods to eliminate so it isn't too restrictive overall. There are some other things too, but don't want to think too much about triggery foods right now.
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa
    Pizza - omg pizza

Now I want pizza with chips and salsa on the side.... nom nom nom

This.
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    chocolate/cookies/cake and cheese
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Haribo's !
  • theholeyone
    theholeyone Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Crisps is the big one, i can't even buy them to have in the house. I will eat them.

Pizza is also another one, but i tend to make healthier ones occasionally to curb the temptation.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Chocolate candy. Fun-size bars especially, or assortments of truffles, toffee, and/or other chocolates. I cannot pace myself and eat that stuff over a reasonable period of time. It is like one's too many and nine is not enough. So I just don't buy or keep that stuff in the house, or I share it with someone to stay accountable. This is my big challenge at holidays too...especially Halloween and Christmas.

This...
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    None as long as it fits within my calorie goal

Same. I am adopting a lifestyle, not a diet.
  • newlifeforlucas
    Options
    I'm the same with certain types of cereal, especially weetabix minis because I can just grab a handful and eat them dry, no time or consideration required :')
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Anything with strawberries: I can't resist.

I made strawberry cookies yesterday, they were suppossed to last for the whole week: today they are gone. ALL gone. (my husband ate a bunch of them too, so I guess they were THAT good)

If I buy strawberry cheesecake icecream it will be gone too in two days.

Strawberry cakes? gone too.

Raw strawberries? I don't actually binge on them raw, but as soon as I bake/juice/do something with them. I just can't resist.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I'll tell myself I'll only have the 4 slices that I know I can fit it into my calorie log but I always cave and end up eating the whole thing!!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My Dad's cooking can send me into overeating hell. I am getting better at small portions and no seconds but I am still convinced that man cooks with crack, it's that addictive!

and they eat evening meals so no 'just gym it to make up for it' because my gym may be 24 hours but my childcare isn't
    he's amazing, he will tell me what nights are good to come over for dinner and which should be avoided. I have dreams about his lasagna.