Who Can Be a Motivator?

Options
ok guys I am really having a hard time staying on track right now. Looking for a friend or friends who can help keep me on track and motivate me to reach my goals. Please someone help!

Replies

• needham79
    Options
    You can add me, I just signed back up after falling off.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am going to offer advice - but it's probably not going to be what you want to hear. Motivation is something that will come and go. If you want to really be successful, you just have to jump in and get started. Get up every day and do it - whether you want to or not. I've been at this for almost 2 years and when I started making habits around exercising & eating with my health in mind - I started seeing that even when I was not motivated, my habits kicked in. It also keeps me from "falling off" as many people do.

Try this:

*eat at a healthy deficit from your TDEE
    *weigh/measure/log every thing you eat
    *find something you like to do and then do it consistently
    *don't quit, don't stop & be PATIENT

The last and most important thing? Take the time to learn moderation. Don't cut out all the things you love. It's a recipe for disaster. Learn to eat healthy and learn what normal portions look like.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from you. People can inspire you and encourage you, but all the inspiring and encouragement will mean little unless you truly have motivation within to do this. A truly motivated person won't let any obstacles or set backs deter them from reaching their goal. So check up from the neck up, do you really want to do this? Or are you just making an attempt?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MadMath
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have lost 14 pounds since first week in January! Just do not want to fall off and gain weight back!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from you. People can inspire you and encourage you, but all the inspiring and encouragement will mean little unless you truly have motivation within to do this. A truly motivated person won't let any obstacles or set backs deter them from reaching their goal. So check up from the neck up, do you really want to do this? Or are you just making an attempt?

Love this!! It is so true :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    motivation is hard.. it will come and go. ESPECIALLY if you're going it alone. please often ask me how I did it... I tell them, it's just got to be a way of life, just like waking up, brushing your teeth (don't wanna leave the house w/funky breath) and taking a shower, it's just got to be just part of the day. I am a year round commuter (bicycle) and they ask me the same thing (especially with the rain, black ice, etc - live in the PAC NW) it's just part of the day, just what I do, just like people get in their car and go to work?, I get on my bike. if my husband can do it, I know I can... i'll be 55 this year and I surprise myself sometimes. feel free to add me if you like.
    keep chuggin away...
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    In order to motivate... what are your goals?!?!? What do you want to achieve... then I can really be a cheerleader!
  • wyndielund
    Options
    Motivation is a hard one. I have found that working out with someone is a great motivator because there is someone to hold you accountable. My friend and I have been at this since the beginning of November and it was a struggle for both of us to get up and go. Once we got into a flow and the routine of it, it's like my go juice. My body instinctively wakes up at 5am now rearing to go, and I am up and out the door. I feel so much better, happier, healthier, and more energized when I get my workout done first thing in the morning. Sometimes my friend can't make it because she gets frequent migraines but I still go to the gym because I know when she asks me later if I went and I say no I feel like I will disappoint her. I found it also helpful to have someone to talk to about what you did at the gym and what you have been eating. Something about that affirmation that you are doing a great job makes you want to keep working at it!
  • jimmason20
    jimmason20 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    always looking for friends to talk about the struggle with. friend me if you want. I've been going for a year now steady. lost 20+ lbs but added 8 lbs muscle. Lets Go!!!!!
  • AshleyAnn9
    Options
    I agree with what everyone says. You have to be your own motivator. But myfitnesspal has some amazing people who can help encourage you.