Replies

• ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Pb for sure
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    But she is spreading it on the bread stating that it gets the family to eat healthier which in people's mind means that nutella is healthy.

And, again, stupidity =/= false advertising.

The ingredients are on the label. I read it when I first thought about trying the stuff. When I saw the first ingredient was sugar and looke dat the macros, I put it back.

"I'm too dumb to read a label" should not be a lawsuit basis.
    Then there's obviously other factors at work that you or I are not aware of, right?

Maybe. But from what I read of the lawsuit, what's been stated here is basically it. People misinterpreted the ads and sued because they were dumb and lazy.
  • i like them both. I eat them both.

I do find that peanut butter seems to hang around my pantry longer than nutella...

but I have a kid...soooo...

it's a taste thing mostly....both have sugar, both are high in calories...I make them fit my macros...and I enjoy them both.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    But she is spreading it on the bread stating that it gets the family to eat healthier which in people's mind means that nutella is healthy.

The ingredients are on the label. I read it when I first thought about trying the stuff. When I saw the first ingredient was sugar and looke dat the macros, I put it back.

Then there's obviously other factors at work that you or I are not aware of, right?

Maybe. But from what I read of the lawsuit, what's been stated here is basically it. People misinterpreted the ads and sued because they were dumb and lazy.

And as I stated in my previous post we live in a litigious society. It doesn't matter what the ad said or didn't say. It doesn't matter what people thought or if they read the ingredients. People will sue for any reason.
  • rml_16
    Options

And as I stated in my previous post we live in a litigious society. It doesn't matter what the ad said or didn't say. It doesn't matter what people thought or if they read the ingredients. People will sue for any reason.
    Right. People are dumb. But the law states what it states. I'm mostly curious why Nutella settled because I think they would have won. I can only surmise it was cheaper to settle.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also, good for you for making healthy changes and for asking these questions! This is how you learn, don't let the haters get you down!

THIS!!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Right. People are dumb. But the law states what it states. I'm mostly curious why Nutella settled because I think they would have won. I can only surmise it was cheaper to settle.
    I prefer to use the term "uneducated" instead of dumb and lazy. Not everyone is as smart as you are obviously.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Is Nutella just good at marketing

That.

It's basically dessert in a jar.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Here's my plug. They taste awesome together!!! Just like a Reese's cup!!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Nutella and peanut butter are just completely different. You can't compare them as much as you can't compare coke to orange juice or such. The composition is different and the macronutrients are different. Also, the taste is different.
    Nutella is VERY used in certain countries that why it's hard to cut it out of your diet, and even if it's considered one of the main choices for breakfasts and snacks, everyone knows it's not healthy especially if you eat the whole glass.
    It's not poison since no edible food is actually poisonous, it's just high in calories and not usually suitable in diets. Also, most people eat big quantities of Nutella on daily basis, it's like pizza, it's very hard to eat a few slices of pizza here, no one actually does that... if you have a whole Nutella glass you'll be tempted to eat it all in a short amount of time. That's what makes it unhealthy.
    I can tell I'm personally avoiding it just because I don't want to gain weight, but if I could control myself over it I'd still be eating it and I'll surely be having it anytime soon in reasonable quantities.

Also, it tastes great in my opinion. But that's not what the OP was talking about so the taste is actually irrelevant, there's no need to make such comparisions, some people like peanut butter, some Nutella, some both.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Not everyone is as smart as you are obviously.
    That goes without saying.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

Ah. ok. There was adds that ran for years in the Automotive section of the newspapers that gave the consumer a choice of 0% interest or an upfront discount, just in case someone was paying cash. Eventually the manufacturers got sued because people thought they got both......of course then the people that payed cash were sweet out of luck for any discount.......democracy and free trade in action right there.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I tried Nutella, a little sweet for me. Extra crunchy PB, I could eat the whole jar. I think a PB and bacon sandwich might be yummy!

Yes it is. PB n Bacon on French Toast made on the griddle right behind the bacon.... OMG SO GOOOOOD!
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I eat Nutella more often than peanut butter just because I usually use a small amount on a piece of bread; I find it too sweet. I can't say the same for peanut butter. The more peanut butter, the better!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    PB all the way...I love Smuckers Natural Chunky. I could eat a whole jar....
  • rml_16
    Options
    I prefer to use the term "uneducated" instead of dumb and lazy.

Also, BTW, they interviewed some of the people involved in the lawsuit and their exact words were that they didn't have time to read labels and food companies should just tell them what's in the food.

So, yeah, I'm sticking with stupid and lazy and an attorney looking for an easy payday.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I mostly don't buy it because it's so expensive. And the other brand is just as bad.
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I say all things in moderation. Nutella is great in my opinion and this is what all these boards are basically for "your opinion". Peanut butter is great as well. I have tried PB2 and it was okay in "my opinion". I however did not like the idea of adding water to my peanut butter to get the consistency of peanut butter. You just have to make exercise that day more go from there:smile: