Does your period affect your weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• anjewel4321
    Options
    Wow i love those comments ladies! Makes me feel better! I list 2 lbs last week and was happy and then boom, periods happened and so i gained 3 lbs....i will wait until next week to panick!
  • amanda3258
    Options
    Lol! I thought I had gone crazy! Two days ago I weighed myself and I had gained a pound. My boyfriend said to leave the scale alone(good advice, but I'm OCD). Sure enough, this morning I was riding the crimson wave! I'm trying so hard not to give into my craving for sweets and I still workout every single day (elliptical and Insanity). I will make sure to wait until after my period stops to weigh myself again.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The most weight "gain" from my period is bloating, and usually that's a few extra pounds that only last for a couple of days during the week of my period. The real damage is when I get cravings like a crazy person /: Working on fighting those off.
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I stay perfectly on my plan until about 3-7 days before my period and then the first day of my period. When it's here or about to be, I have the worst cravings and I'm prone to binging. I retain water and feel so gross and bloated. But then the second day, I don't want to binge--in fact, I don't want to eat much at all--and then I'm okay until the next month. I try so hard to beat the cravings, but usually I eat my fridge, so I give myself a few days before I weigh in again (I typically weigh myself every other day for personal accountability).

ETA: I'm not a cranky person on her period, I'm a lovey-dovey waterworks machine, so I just want to cuddle with my fiancé and eat brownies (I'm actually on my second day of my period, and that's what we did last night--I made brownies and cuddled).
  • beckytcy
    beckytcy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I weighed myself at the gym on the first day of my period and a week later, and I was 7 pounds lighter after my period ended! Crazy! I take birth control pills, so I think that especially affects water retention. Lately I have tried drinking the "sassy water" (water with lemons, cucumber, and mint in it) during my period and that seems to make me feel better in terms of bloating, but the scale still read significantly higher. I would just ignore what the scale says during your period. The water weight will go away soon enough.
  • SuperSvelteLana
    SuperSvelteLana Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's not like I haven't been having my period most of my life but for whatever reason right before my period I get super bloated to the point that clothing doesn't fit well and then I think it's because I have been slacking with my eating habits and in turn I get frustrated and mad at my body. Then a few days later I start and think, stupidly, could that be why?

This time around I've been doing the Oz RWL Plan which recommended daily salt and epson salt soaks along with eliminating caffeine. I noticed that I didn't have the normal breast tenderness or ANY bloating. Water retention diverted.
  • Kerureyu
    Kerureyu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 1-3 lbs before and during, and I lose all of it and maybe an extra pound or two. It's crazy. I drink a lot of water during it because I feel so dehydrated, and sometimes I don't eat the healthiest foods too. This past week it happened and I lost almost 2 pounds and I don't know if that's necessarily good because I ate a lot of unhealthy stuff. But this is going to be a new day and new week and I'm getting back into my old workout habits and eating a lot healthier!

44765168.png