Hi, any 40 or 50 year olds trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 44 and have had struggles with weight my entire adult life. I go on diets, lose lots, then gain it all back and more. I am genetically prone to an apple shape so I am always contending with that side of things. But MFP has indeed helped me stay accountable to my friends on here. It works. And I am always on the lookout for more friends that have similar goals. If anyone here feels you and I are compatible with our weight loss goals, please feel free to send me a message and we'll connect. We need each other's support and motivation, and sometimes a good virtual kick in the butt to keep us on the right path. Let's do it together!

Cheers!
  • jogo8995
    jogo8995 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I will be 52 on Wednesday and I would be happy to lend motivation and support. I had lost weight and improved exercise but then it all slipped away with some stress and emotional eating. I have been back serious again for several weeks.
  • Little_Lula
    Options
    Very new...just signed up! I am 41 and have struggled with health issues concerning my weight for quite a long time. I had a pituitary tumor that caused havoc for years before I got a diagnosis. I am much better than I was, but still have a long way to go. Add to that a divorce after 15 years of marriage, over a year alone and then a 3 year abusive relationship that I finally ended back in October I have also picked up the nasty habit of emotional eating.

Lucky for me I'm an overcomer and this is my year!!! :wink:

I look forward to hearing your stories and triumphs! Take care everyone!
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in July. My weight loss is like molasses in winter but I do pretty well losing inches.
  • alect0
    alect0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I reached 40 last January and I'm trying to lose weight also. Today's my first day.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just can't get it together! I just can't stop overeating though I am tracking.
  • beatingmenopause
    Options
    Hi, yes insomnia is one of more than 70+ symptoms that can be associated with the hormone imbalance that accompanies the phases through menopause, Alison
  • Hi there I'm forty currently I'm 10stone and 1lb....I'm only five feet tall so that's overweight...I'm hoping to get back to about 9.5 stone and see how I feel/look then, I don't want to be skinny but I don't want to be overweight either and these last few years it doesn't take much to add on the lbs!!! I'm watching my diet, sticking to 1,200 cals a day and trying to work out in some form 3/5 days per week...so far I've lost 10lbs this way so it would be great to be down to 9.5 stone before the Summer...would love more buddies for advice and motivation!!
  • GillSt555
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gill and am 52!!! I have been on MFP for a while now and it is working for me, having lost 30 odd pounds already. Still a long way to go though. I had to have a hysterctomy a number of years ago now and take HRT, which definitely did not help me weight wise. I have arthritis in a number of joints, back, neck and hips and have also had one hip replacement, so all this makes exercise quite painful. I struggle with my mobility and again this really does not help with my weight. Oh gosh, this all sounds doom and gloom, but that is not me. I try to keep pretty upbeat about everything and deal with life on a day to day basis, but really do need to lose a lot of weight to try and minimise the aches and pains. I will send through a friend request and hope to be able to encourage you towards a healthy life. If anyone else would like to add me as a "friend" that would be great. :)
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will be 49 this year ! I lost a little before beginning to use MFP 45 lbs gone so far since October 2013.
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    Good for you ! You have come to the right place for support ! Add me if you like ! I will be 49 this year and wish I had started getting serious about my future health much earlier. The older I get the harder it is to lose ! But MFP is working for me ! Have a great day !
  • Darren252
    Darren252 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tried every diet under the sun , but loving this one, only at the start but still enthusiastic about it. feel free to add me
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Love your user id! I'm 48 and it sure feels like I'm fighting it as well.

Anyone....feel free to add me. MFP is amazing. It helps to have others here to motivate us!
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I would be glad to support you.
  • palteacher
    palteacher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and can't get seem to get my will power going! Been here on and off for years. The minute I start to lose I put it back on and then some. Biggest weakness is sugar. Would love to encourage others and get some encouragement!
  • progers88
    progers88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same situation as you. Would like to add you as a friend to encourage each other. I am trying to get myself motivated again. I used to watch what I ate and exercised everyday and I don't quite know why I stopped and put all my weight back on. I am 50 years old and it gets harder and harder all the time to take it off.
  • bookbard
    bookbard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and my goal is to get fit to improve my overall health. I currently weigh 202 pounds and I want to lose 52 pounds before my 54th birthday in December. I have tried Weight Watchers several times and each time I lost about 20 pounds, quit, and then gained it all back over the next couple of years. This time around, I'm going to try to make exercise a big part of my approach, which I haven't really done before. I started the Couch to 5 K plan today, and I'm hoping to be ready to run a 5 K by the end of April.
  • MsMaryMac48
    MsMaryMac48 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Here I go again! I'm 46 and lost over 75 pounds in 2007-2008. A job change in 2010 has changed my exercise and eating habits so now I am throwing everything I have at this journey again. Knowing now that whatever I am doing to get to the goal I will have to KEEP DOING to stay there (or MORE). Can use all the support and encouragement I can get and Love to cheer others on to their success as well! with a daughter getting married in (now only) 8 MONTHS there is no time like the present!!!

46733158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • pattygravley
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!! My name is Patty and I just started this app yesterday and hoping it really helps. I had the Lap-Band surgery on 1/14/14 and I have a large goal to reach. Good luck my friends and just know we can do this!!!
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I guess I would be the oldest at 59. Suffering from menopause and just can't get the weight off. Trying my best and hopefully it will eventually come off. Would love more friends!