Lost interest in food

Options
I don''t feel like I can name my "favorite" food anymore. I don't really feel like eating because I have no urge to eat anything. I mean, food tastes okay, but it's not spectacular and I have tried a large variety of foods, different spices, etc. It never really used to be this way. I'm not depressed either.

Anyone go through this?

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    You haven't mentioned anything about your weight-- are you under, over or just about perfect. On the days when i am not hungry, i still eat something.

What is going on in your daily life? Are you working, staying home, studying--- more details please.

For example, are you staying hydrated, drinking milk, drinking tea?

You'll get advice here ( in abundance) if you provide more info......good luck!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I personally would do something else. Sometimes when I think about eating, I'm not interested. So I do something productive in the meantime (deep cleaning kitchen and bathroom, vacuuming, sorting clothes for donation / trash) and when I'm done with that or during one of my breaks I decide whether I want something to eat or not.
  • insidemeout
    insidemeout Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just here to make sure I'm not over eating or under eating, just don't want to get too "loose". I work and have school but I'm also at home a lot. Nothing is too stressful. I do need to get more water in my system, but i don't think I'm dehydrated. I drink water, coffee, and diet sodas, and occasionally tea, almond milk, and smoothies.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't necessarily force yourself to eat if you're not hungry. Also it'd be a good idea for you to open your diary.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    This could either be a good thing...or it may not be.

When you have functioning natural hunger cues when you are hungry your body will signal for food. Not any specific food (which is more indicative of a mental craving tin most cases) but rather fuel. You have tapped into actual hunger over appetite.

On the other hand, a prolonged loss of appetite or interest in food could indicate you are treading on dangerous ground. Hard to know without knowing you.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You still haven't told us anything about your diet. Are you eating only certain things? Are you eating a certain number of calories, or according to macros?

When I was on a restrictive diet without much variety, I lost interest in food. I still wanted to EAT because I was working out hard and my body was hungry, but the repetition and lack of variety bored my mouth and I ate to fuel, not enjoy. If that's where you are, try switching things out and recreating some of your favorite foods in a healthy manner.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I had this for years growing up and even this past year (pregnant atm so not so much right now). I was never depressed and would go through times of loving food but ultimately I only ate because I had to. Oddly enough, it was due to a hormonal imbalance. I still struggle with it sometimes. My hunger cues are very delayed and don't happen until my blood sugar drops to dangerous levels. So I have to be very conscience of when I eat and how much. I chronically under ate for years because of it and it really messed up my metabolism and relationship with food. If you find you lose your hunger cues or get them too late you might what to get your hormones checked.