Vinaigrette Dressing Ideas

Options
Hi everyone! I'm trying to find some ideas for a homemade vinaigrette salad dressing. I want one that tastes good but doesn't have a TON of calories. I know that's hard while using olive oil. The recipes I've tried have so much oil but if you cut back on the oil then it's too vinegary (is that a word? :wink: ) Any suggestions would be great! Or any other good, natural salad dressings for that matter! Thanks so much! Happy losing!

Replies

• knklbrr11
    knklbrr11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just had a dressing from Beachbody's new 21-Day Fit program - I thought it would be too vinegar-y, but it was actually quite delicious! 6 Tbs each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1tsp honey, 2 tsp Dijon mustard. Makes 8 servings, and by MFP calculations, 103 calories per serving. Enjoy!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've been using my Nutribullet to make this tomato vinaigrette:

1 Roma tomato with pulp removed
    2 T balsamic or red wine vinegar
    1 T olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    Herbs to suit the salad

I've got a pepper and onion salad marinating it now, and it will make 5 small salads for my family, but half a recipe would work well for one serving on a big salad. You can keep it in the fridge.

I've done something similar with cucumber too. I think you could use a blender.