battle of the bulge at age 60!

Options
I joined MFP a year ago but didn't use the site and only two weeks ago got into it and started checking out all the info. I have logged my foods for two weeks and have been drinking the dreaded water! I am a 60-year-old female and this birthday hit me like a sledge hammer. There is no more time to waste on getting healthy. I got a hip replacement 4 years ago that really slowed me up, but I am trying to regain strength with balance exercises and this sounds pitiful, but I have 'worked my way up' to being able to do 10 minutes on the elliptical machine that is gathering dust in my basement. It took almost the entire two weeks to come to the realization that you have to plan your morning meal, because what goes in your mouth first thing in the day sets the mood for the entire day. And if you don't plan the later meals, and log them after they went down the hatch, many times you go over you daily calorie goal. Live and learn. I am not as hard on myself as I used to be, and I know I can do this, however long it takes. I need to lose 70 pounds, though I'm shooting first for a lower range of 50 pounds. I weigh 215. I love food. I don't have much support, any would be appreciated and I think we could encourage each other, inspire one another and share a few laughs along the way. I heard it said this can be done, no matter how old!! Please add me as a buddy if you think we are comparable in our goals and thinking !

Replies