Jazzing up Egg Salad

Options
chicabean420
chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
I'm not a fan of celery unless it's cooked and mushy and doesn't taste like celery anymore haha.

What else can I add to my egg salad to jazz it up. As it stands right now I have eggs...mayo....and pepper. BORING!

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    HOW ABOUT SOME SWEET PICKELS? AND EVEN MAYBE SOME RED BELL PEPPERS
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    always searching for an idea so bump:flowerforyou:
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    The ultimate egg salad is one that is absolutely one of my favorites. There's eggs, rice, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, celery, onion, chicken, mayo, and a little salt. But that's the extreme and takes quite a bit of prep time.

For a little bit simpler add, I like paprika, mustard, and some crushed red pepper. You could even throw a little cheese in there if you can afford the calories and makes great toasted or grilled sandwiches.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Slice up green olives. :tongue:
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you could try putting some hot paptrica on top, sort of like deviled egg..delicious!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like to add just a little bit of garlic powder. My husband and I love garlic, and it makes it have just a little more of a "grown up" taste! LOL! :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I use the Tastefully Simple seasonings...

Garlic Dill & Onion Onion its FABULOUS! :)
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Lots of chunky onions and Celery seed! Yummy!!! I also put paprika in mine.
  • OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    we like sweet relish in ours. I am not a fan of egg, but I like it this way.
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    Not a celery fan either so I use celery salt. Eggs, fat free mayo, dijon mustard, celery salt and one bunch of green onions finely chopped. Yum!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I use Cayenne pepper and some sweet relish or regular dill and green olives are delicious too!
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like to add some Kraft Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Capers! Iove capers!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Sriacha! (spicy thai chili sauce) and garlic...yummy
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    use hummus instead of all the mayo, then add a tiny bit of mayo to creamy it up a bit. I'm talking Maybe a half teaspoon. Tastes great and saves calories!
  • miss_martin
    Options
    Not a celery fan either so I use celery salt. Eggs, fat free mayo, dijon mustard, celery salt and one bunch of green onions finely chopped. Yum!

I'm going to have to try this one... sounds yummy!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    A crispy well blotted piece of bacon crumbled up! Pickle juice, onion powder, garlic, chives, dill, lemon pepper, sun dried tomatoes, dried red peppers, cayanne... explore your spice rack!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I started adding a bit of wasabi paste to my egg salad and I love it!
    I don't eat it without it now.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I had a recipe that called for shredded carrots, celery, radishes, onion and all the normal egg salad stuffs. The deal was that you couldn't mix the veggies in until just before you were ready to serve it because it would get watered down. I thought it was delicious but a little bit of a pain to prepare due to all the extra stuffs. I am a purist. I like egg, mayo, pickle, and S&P. (my mother always pours melted butter i hers. weird but I still love that. comfort food i think.) :-)
  • mcrawley22
    Options
    i cut up dill pickles to the same size u would have your celery. i love dill and the crunch factor it gives the sandwich. i also add pickles to my tuna salad too :)