Eat chocolate, stay within cal limit and not gain belly fat?

Options
I've been eating healthily for more than a week now, I usually have Strawberries, cherries, peaches and raisins for breakfast and snacks, and noodles or proteins for lunch. I stayed close to 1200 calories each day and I've gone from 148 lbs to 140 lbs . I don't think it was all fat weight but still my clothes got looser a little. My period is starting today and I decided to give it a break and had Dove(or Galaxy) chocolate for breakfast(234cal). The question is if I ate these things and stayed in the calorie limit will my efforts to lose some belly fat be sabotaged?
Thanks!

Replies

• jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The question is if I ate these things and stayed in the calorie limit will my efforts to lose some belly fat be sabotaged?
    Thanks!
    No.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you are staying within your calorie goals, then no. You aren't sabotaging anything.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    You can't control where fat comes off your body. As long as you're in a deficit, you'll lose. Eat the chocolate.
  • CristianaBlack
    Options
    It's good to treat yourself every once and a while. If you completely stay away from foods, you'll more than likely binge and go over your calories. A little bit of chocolate will not hurt you at all.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Will want to keep protein intake in mind. You'll drop weight with just a calorie deficit, but losing muscle with fat can make the process longer and less satisfactory.

That said, having a chocolate one day isn't particularly relevant to the big picture.