Do you guys track on your birthday?

Hey, so my birthday is in less than a week and I keep telling myself Ill just relax but, I keep telling myself not to use the day as an excuse to not track. I know Ill probably end up doing it anyway. Decisions decisions... argh! :)

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Psssssssssh, that's what cheat meals were made for. (Refeeds, if you will.)
  • My plan is on my Birthday, Christmas, and Thanksgiving, I will eat whatever I want to. I can do that and be fine with going back to the diet the next day, but it just depends on you and what you can handle. Will indulging for one day sabotage you?
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    I track on that day just like any other day. I earn extra calories through the week and use those towards my meal.
  • kellymac518
    kellymac518 Posts: 132 Member
    think of your birthday as a treat day! one day of not tracking won't throw you off your game as long as you get right back to it the next day... don't make a habit of it. you could even log everything you eat and just know ahead of time that it will probably go over your goals for the day... just don't beat yourself up over the one day :)
  • AlmightyAce
    AlmightyAce Posts: 35 Member
    I fully plan on not tracking for my Birthday in April. I'll go back to counting the next day. :)
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Since mine's next month. I have ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS TO TRACK A THING on my birthday! I'm gonna celebrate like it's no tomorrow after that - then I'm going right back to the way things were.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I track everything. I just don't care how much everything is when I am having a treat day and my birthday DEFINITELY qualifies for treat day status. :bigsmile: I actually went further over for Valentine's than I did for my birthday though. What I've learned by logging everything is that for a couple of days after a big treat day, I am not as hungry and it balances out at the end of the week. Go figure...
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    I would do all my logging at the end of the day. It'd probably be less accurate than normal, since on an average day I track right after I eat something so I remember the exact calories and amounts. I would most likely go over my calories on a holiday, but looking at the number at the end of the day reminds me why I don't ALWAYS eat that way. And it's not like I have to feel bad about it - it's a treat!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    My birthday was last week. I didn't track. I was already looking at food as numbers and having a lot of anxiety - why would I ruin the day even more? It wasn't just my birthday, it was my fiancé's too. I ate what I wanted to.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Hell no. Also not on "V" day or my wedding anniversary!
  • I plan to track on my birthday. Usually I have one day off every 2-3 weeks (it boosts your metabolism) and plan on saving my off day for my birthday.
  • No!! There are some days not meant for dieting and your birthday is one of them (along with thanksgiving, christmas, anniversary, etc). Now that doesn't mean you have to eat 5 days amount of food in one day, and it also doesn't mean you can't exercise. I definitely think everyone deserves a cheat day every now and again and a birthday is a perfect day for it! Happy birthday!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Nah. I'd party on my birthday.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    My birthday was on Saturday and I logged everything I ate (mmm, Mexican + Gigi's cupcake). I also worked out earlier in the day, so I was still under goal despite a huge dinner. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I track but it is probably not that accurate and I am probably over for the day ..but at least I have an idea what i consumed….
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    How about this? Track because you want to and are doing it because you choose to. I find that on holidays like, say mothers day, and I am making cookies with my daughter or doing some other kitchen chore, the fact that it was my choice makes it fun. (not that making cookies with my daughter isnt fun, but you know, working in a kitchen with kiddos...) I have a friend that went to the gym to work out on her birthday... talk about a free pass day! But because she was totally there of her own free will... it was a great workout! Freeing. Empowering. Then try transferring that choice mentality to every other day of the year....
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Track, shmack. My birthday was on V-Day (double whammy). Normally, I would have put the cell phone away, but I'm doing the Walking Dead Challenge right now and have to stay on track or let my team down. It wasn't so bad. I didn't eat back my exercise calories the week before and used those calories to splurge on my birthday meal. It would have been nicer to not have to worry about it, but it also felt good knowing that I could have fun and celebrate and still meet my goals.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Do you think one day or a handful of occasions throughout the year are relevant to the bigger picture?
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Hey, so my birthday is in less than a week and I keep telling myself Ill just relax but, I keep telling myself not to use the day as an excuse to not track. I know Ill probably end up doing it anyway. Decisions decisions... argh! :)
    Yes, I do. There is always something. Birthday, Valentines Day, Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day, Anniversary, Memorial Day Weekend, Independence Day, Labor Day weekend, 14 days of vacation, 3 days of out-of-town guests, Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas, New Year. Some people view this as drudgery. If I did, I'd never been able to go on maintenance.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    There are days when I choose to enjoy and not track. Or I track and it's not accurate and I go over by a ton and don't care. It doesn't make a difference. So, do what you want and don't worry about it. Sometimes even on a vacation. I am on maintenance, though, and been at this for almost over a year and a half.