Rude to change personal trainer?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I would share your concerns with the trainer. He may have been holding back thinking that's what you wanted. He may be reluctant to push you too hard too soon. I started with a new client 3 weeks ago. We just had our 6th session today. I have checked in with him twice so far to talk about what he thinks of the workouts and if I am meeting his expectations. We also talked in detail before we started and I laid out the plan pretty specifically so he knew how the first few sessions were going to go.

No trainer is going to like losing a client. However, any true professional will be concerned first and foremost with your satisfaction, and sometimes that means having the client work with someone else.

It is your money, your sessions, so you should make whatever choice is best for you. However, I do think a conversation is in order.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    TROLLLLLLLLL. Just stop.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Flying out as in flying to a new country to model there for a few months. Depends on my results

Perhaps you can get a surrogate to model with your name.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Change just tell him the truth and if he get's butt hurt Oh well that's his problem. You're the one dropping the duckets so you should get exactly what you pay for. With that being said don't be a douche about it. But be straight forward.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I've had something on my mind for a while and just can't get it out of my head.
    I've recently started training at a pilates studio with an personal trainer. My friend recommended me the place and her trainer. She trained with someone before there and quit after 20 lessons because she didn't see results good enough. Now my problem.. I called the place and scheduled a lesson with a trainer and it turned out to be her first one she had trained with.
    I've bought 5 lessons and just have one more to go.
    I'm ok happy with my trainer and feel like he isn't bad but really need to be in fab shape fast for my job.
    What should I do? I really don't want to be rude towards my trainer but kinda wanna try the other trainer out... And start thinking what if.. What if I don't like the other trainers style or something. And it's kinda mean and rude maybe?

What to you think?

do you pay for your trainer ? If so then do what you want to - be polite of course. If you don't well that's ok too. just be polite lol. If you are paying for something and don't like what you are getting then shop somewhere else.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I was actually never 'super skinny. Now have to be in my best shape so have to change things. I actually used to be a bit fat a few years ago.
    If I lift heavy weights I'll get bigger muscles. Even from running 3-4 times a week 40 min I'll get too much leg muscles
    I won't want to look muscular

If your trainer was any good, they'd tell you that you're not going to get bulky or too muscular.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    We're not magicians, we're not psychic, and after that pilates/bulky post I'd be referring you to another trainer.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Flying out in 1-2 weeks? WTF does that mean?

Most people know what day they're flying. Not much is gonna happen in a week. You must be trolling

F this thread.

i was starting to sense troll too…
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I was actually never 'super skinny. Now have to be in my best shape so have to change things. I actually used to be a bit fat a few years ago.
    If I lift heavy weights I'll get bigger muscles. Even from running 3-4 times a week 40 min I'll get too much leg muscles

total troll ….
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options

total troll ….

I'm so dumb... what's trolling??
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was a personal trainer for years. I was actually in charge of it at our facility and I had clients come and go often. Some would come in with new trainers. A little awkward, but it is about comfort level with them, so if it isn't working it isn't working. As long as you can be a professional it is part of the job.
  • ndj1979
    Options

total troll ….

I'm so dumb... what's trolling??
    posting a topic that is controversial/idiotic/makes no sense in attempt to get attention...
  • MINIRunner
    MINIRunner Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We're not magicians, we're not psychic, and after that pilates/bulky post I'd be referring you to another trainer.
    I could NOT agree more.

As a trainer, we see you 2, maybe 3 hours a week. That leaves the following 160 some hours in your hands. Good trainers will give you homework, extra workouts on your own, and some diet "advice" (we are not dieticians, can't actually prescribe a diet legally where I am anyhow).

What you chose to do with that homework is up to you. Nothing more frustrating than a client who leaves the gym, eats like crap, parties like a rock-star then moans that you aren't doing your job for them.

As for the bulking up... I call a huge *BS* on that one. If you want to smash out 40 high speed reps with a 5 pound dumbbell, because anything shorter/heavier will make you muscle bound then knock yourself out.

*fewf.. I really needed to get that off my chest apparently!

I agree with the trolling sentiments completely.