"go to" when your calories are too low for the day?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    popcorn. And if I'm really below my calories for the day I put a tbsp of butter on it!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Avocado
    Peanut or almond butter
    Nuts
    Hummus
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wonder how OP could be hitting appropriate nutrient goals (protein, fat, vitamins and minerals) at only 900 calories a day.

magic?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    always have a few nuts on hand - cashews, walnuts, almonds,
    sometimes would throw a few into greek yoghurt aswell,
    eggs or canned tuna also a go to for me on days I need to up the calories - hit my macros
    also cheese
    peanut butter on rice cakes.
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A fingertip full of cookie butter :tongue:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    ice cream

This.
  • lleaka
    lleaka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Some dark chocolate or some almonds.
  • 2tired2think
    2tired2think Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Again, thanks for the great ideas!

I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself to the few "judgmental" types that have posted on this topic, but as I said in my OP, I am only using SR as a GUIDELINE and for some recipes. I do NOT follow this plan to the "T" -- I certainly don't follow EVERY rule in this book ("make one day a week meatless" -- no thanks). There are some good ideas in this book, but SOOOO many people just skim the list of rules without reading the definition of each rule and get all worked up. For example, "no carbs after lunch" does not include fruits and veggies. I eat plenty of lean proteins, whole grains, fruits and veggies each day. My nutrients are averaging out ok, and I don't know of anyone who is meeting ALL of their nutrients 100% EACH AND EVERY DAY. {deep breath} -- OK, I'm done venting now.:wink:
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I usually add in a snack a few hours after dinner but that is JUST me. I like my dinner to settle before eating something else. Today I was in that situation and added a frozen yogurt ice cream bar thingy ( 80 kcal ) and blueberries. It brought me to 1360-ish, which is still less than I wanted to be today. ( I wanted to be around 1400 today because I exercised a lot ).

Sometimes I add a cookie or a piece of candy, but not every time this happens. Like if I'm not super hungry and I need something. Other times I might just add a granola bar, yogurt, fruit, or any of the many snacks I have at home. ( Baked potato chips, pretzels, etc etc ).