30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 done today. I already miss level 1. It's working though!
  • jennahbooboo
    Options
    Planning on starting the top of March! Keep us updated.
  • MsBrdlv
    MsBrdlv Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was day 3 of level 2 for me. Today was an "off" day as the weather here finally allowed me to get a run in outside. Tomorrow will be on to day 4.

When I finish I plan to rotate between the levels (Mon - level 1, Tues - level 2, Wed - level 3........repeat on Th - Sat, then take a rest day on Sundays). As I work through the levels I will work up to completing each level doing the "difficult" exercises. Then, start using bigger weights. I also plan to fit in an outdoor run 3-4 days a week as the weather continues to improve (fingers crossed..........SO sick of snow/ice/COLD).
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 2 tomorrow. I kind of made up my own schedule. I had read that after the video came out Jillian said not to do it every day. She said to do 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, 2 days shred, 1 day rest.
    I wanted my schedule to be the same every week so I'm doing Sun & Mon Shred, Tues cardio, Wed & Thurs Shred, Fri Cardio, Sat rest. I'm doing each round for 10 days for a total of 30 days with my cardio and rest days as part of that. I try to do something that I enjoy for cardio days like Jillian's cardio kickboxing video or play a sport or jog.
    Good luck everyone. I'd love more Shredder friends so add me. Let's keep each other motivated!
  • lindssaurus
    lindssaurus Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout but watch your knees!!! I cannot stress that enough. I did 30 day shred for 3 weeks regular eating. And lost an 1in. Off my hips but had to stop because my knees were in so much pain. Safety first!
  • hbb86
    hbb86 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 of level one, and i managed to finish it!!! so pleased with myself!

well done on everyones success!!

xx
  • teresathorne101
    teresathorne101 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 day shred before and loved it - lost weight and felt great... Thought i'd try it again and on day 10 of level one pulled a muscle in my calf doing bloody butt kicks and jumping jacks :(
    Left it a few days and tried again but it's still bad.. Going to rest it over the weekend and crack on again on Monday..

Will prob do a couple of days of level one again then straight to level 2

It's about the only thing that works for me :)

Need some shredding buddies if anyone wants to add me!!

Teresa x
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love 30 day shred! I also really like her yoga meltdown, it's tough, but it really helps with strength! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • donnat0511
    donnat0511 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Level 1, and feeling the burn. I have done the DVD before but never got past level 1. I am determined to finish it this time. I am going to do 2 days 30 DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30 DS, 1 day rest, 1 day cardio. Hopefully this will drop some inches. Is anyone else doing it combined with cardio and a rest day?:happy:
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 of Level 1, and feeling the burn. I have done the DVD before but never got past level 1. I am determined to finish it this time. I am going to do 2 days 30 DS, 1 day cardio, 2 days 30 DS, 1 day rest, 1 day cardio. Hopefully this will drop some inches. Is anyone else doing it combined with cardio and a rest day?:happy:

That's the best way to do it. Not getting any rest in is why people get hurt and don't finish.
  • alib752
    alib752 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, daft question on the 30 Day shred how much room do you need to actually do it? I have a tiny house full of animals and don't want to spend money on something I can't use.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'd say that if you can lay down on your floor and spread your arms without hitting anything, you have enough room. :) I'm on day 2 level 2, (level two is HARD, by the way!) and it really doesn't take much room at all.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Level 2....Ouch my arms hurt from all the planks! I took a few days off over the weekend but getting back to it. I plan to take a day off over each weekend....I WILL finish!! LOL it will be a first for me!!
  • erind2017
    erind2017 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, daft question on the 30 Day shred how much room do you need to actually do it? I have a tiny house full of animals and don't want to spend money on something I can't use.

Pretty much as long as you can lay down and spread your arms out to the side without hitting anything you'll be fine!
  • Ritadex
    Ritadex Posts: 16 Member
    Options

You can get all the levels on YouTube so you don't have to pay. I don't have much space either. If you have enough to lay down an exercise mat then that's all you need.
  • mistyrider
    Options
    I'm going to try start this tonight. I sprained my ankle a few days ago, and am going crazy being sidelined. I'm going to tape it up really well, modify the jumping jacks, and see how it goes. I was SO motivated to finally start making changes, only to get injured :(

I've done the 30 DS before, but never made it past day 11. I do remember seeing results within the first week though, so hopefully that happens again!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Finished 30 DS. Doing wk 2 of RIP 30 now. Yes, I can see and feel the difference in my body. Feeling stronger and leaner. ENJOY!
  • popshoveit
    Options
    I've done it twice with some fair results. Here is my opinion: if you don't watch what you eat, you won't get visible results. Yes you will get stronger but you will essentially complete the 30 days and still look the same.
  • skinnylicius
    skinnylicius Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Guess what! If you stick with it, level 2 gets easier too, just like level 1 did! I'm starting level 3 tomorrow! Keep rockin' it everybody :)
  • mistyrider
    Options
    L1D1 done! I taped the snot out of my ankle and went for it! I wanted to die, but feel great now.

Day 2 tomorrow!