Am I doing something wrong?

Options
So I'm a male 19 and weight 253 pounds and I'm about 180 cm tall. I've been following myfitnesspal for the last 3 months or so and have only lost 1kg. I'm sticking to around 1870 calories a day rather than the 2400 I was eating. I don't like exercising and maybe that's it but idk. I want to loose another 6-10 kg by June if possible if not more. What am I doing wrong? do I need to be doing more, I just started swimming about 2 times a week and will probably increase the number of times I go but any advice will be helpful.

Replies

• comeoutontop
    comeoutontop Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    have you been drinking 64oz or more of water daily? I just started drinking water about four days ago I have drunk about a gallon a day and have lost a 4 lbs in 4 days, I didn't sweat when I worked out but now I do. Plus when you don't drink water your body holds onto as much of it as it can.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would help, but from what you describe, chances are you are not counting calories properly. Forget magic tips, you are just eating more than you think.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    have you been drinking 64oz or more of water daily? I just started drinking water about four days ago I have drunk about a gallon a day and have lost a 4 lbs in 4 days, I didn't sweat when I worked out but now I do. Plus when you don't drink water your body holds onto as much of it as it can.
    But that's water weight. It really has no impact on body composition.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition