I let myself go... Ugh!

Options
Looking at some recent Christmas pictures I saw my chub ball self sitting there with egg nog in one hand and pretzels in the other. Deleted the picture but the memory has burned itself into my very being. I used to be a beautiful woman. Now I'm a slump. I decided several days ago that It had to stop. I'm 47 and 45lbs overweight. This can not be good for my health. I am so ready to change. My weight has been up and down every since I gave birth to my son Noah 12 yrs. ago. I've tried all the fad diets... This time around I'm eating healthy and exercising. I finally have the good sense to change my lifestyle. Good luck to everyone w/your weight loss goals.

Replies

• Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, enigmakey! You sound determined and your plan of eating healthy and exercising with no fad diets is definitely the way to go! You can do it!
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I let emotional eating get in my way and went from 174-180 up to 218. I cant believe that I gained this weight from June 2012. I got the emotional issues taken care of with help from a therapist. I now have tools to use so that I don't reach for food when I am angry, sad, tired etc. I have recommitted myself to eating healthy and getting in daily exercise. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LeslieW77
    LeslieW77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I, too, fell off the wagon. Last year, I had made it down to 149 pounds, with only 15 or so to go. But, when I got back from an over-indulgent eating/no-exercise trip, I couldn't seem to get back on track. A few weeks later, the holidays hit, and I've been struggling ever since to find motivation again. I'm finally ready again, so have my grocery list ready, and an exercise plan written down to help keep me motivated. AND, I forced myself to step on the scale and see the reality - EEEEEEEK
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience....
    33323822_9655.jpg
    The "before" was taken after an event that caught me totally off guard.
    The man in the mirror had been lying.
    Good Luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • LeslieW77
    LeslieW77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was interviewed for a local TV show, and was shocked to see "that woman" - supposedly it was me, but she had one grandmother's jowls, another grandnother's eyelids, and was apparently wearing padding of some sort all over her body!
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I too have slid backwards since Thanksgiving. Eating was all too easy. Considering everything I have eaten I didn't do too bad with gaining only 6 lbs back. But now seems like such a waste to have to lose it again. Still a couple more days of "food" before I can really get back at it. I will hit my 365 days on here in just a couple more so I still feel good though about losing 50 + in a year. 2nd year and I will start again. Only have 20 more to do so should be easy. Good luck everyone!!!!
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Right there with you feel free to add me!
  • saraedens
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me! I let myself go too I'm 5'9'' and reached 268..ugh!! But now I'm down 20 lbs and feeling much better about myself still have a long way to go but we will all get there together!!
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Rose,
    You still on here? I was wondering how you were doing with your eating.
  • ShredEdde
    ShredEdde Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey enigmakey… You're still a beautiful woman.. It's just time to get busy doing it for you! You got this! I too fell off the wagon and have finally gotten my head right to do something about it.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    good luck on your goals. I hope you all get there.

feel free to add if you like
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    So did I. I had success within reach and then I had an accident and went back to comfort foods. I'm all better now and I want to get back to business here. This site is great for tips, encouragement and food logging. Please add me if you like. WE:flowerforyou: CAN DO THIS!