Week 1 Ideal Protein Support Buddies

Options
Hello. I just began Phase 1 of Ideal Protein and am looking for those in my shoes to share the journey.

Replies

• DebraS2017
    DebraS2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Debbie. I live in MA and joined Ideal Protein about 3 weeks ago. I have lost 9lbs so far. I am still learning the program and have made a few mistakes but I am trying. Tell me how you are doing. Good luck!
  • mncountrygirl79
    mncountrygirl79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie! I am only on day 2 and the cravings are pretty intense but I just keep on telling myself it'll all be worth it. I have a friend who lost 60 lbs and has kept it off a year so that's very encouraging! Are there any IP foods that you love? I really like the shakes! It is also tough for me to eat that much lettuce! Congrats on losing the 9 lbs! Keep it up!
  • nurscott
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on Ideal Protein week 10! I have lost 27 lbs and I am down 3 pant sizes!! I am amazed at how well I have done so far but I am so glad I found this forum! Lately I've been getting a little bored and my eyes have been straying to the bread aisle if you know what I mean! I figured I could get help by encouraging others who are just starting to keep it up cause it is so worth it! But I do need some help, I am afraid I've hit a plateau as my weight loss has slowed down in the last two weeks, has anyone else experienced this? What did you do yo get over it?
  • mncountrygirl79
    mncountrygirl79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Congrats!
  • smagnan
    smagnan Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm on week 10 I have lost 25 pounds and over 30 inches. I am loving this program because of how fast I'm losing the weight. I have to admit I am getting a little bored of the restrictiveness of it but as long as I plan and checkout menus ahead of time its manageable. I just keep telling myself "Eyes on the prize" the faster I loser the faster I can transition.
    Has anyone bought either of the cookbooks? I'm thinking about the purchasing the Phase 4 but I want to find out if folks are using and liking it.

Thanks,
    Steph
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on Ideal Protein week 10! I have lost 27 lbs and I am down 3 pant sizes!! I am amazed at how well I have done so far but I am so glad I found this forum! Lately I've been getting a little bored and my eyes have been straying to the bread aisle if you know what I mean! I figured I could get help by encouraging others who are just starting to keep it up cause it is so worth it! But I do need some help, I am afraid I've hit a plateau as my weight loss has slowed down in the last two weeks, has anyone else experienced this? What did you do yo get over it?

Plateaus suck...

Wandering eyes... make sure you are getting lots of variety!! Both with your IP foods and your meat and veggie choices. That might help. Just remember that ketosis isn't something to play with - it's a "go big or go home" kind of thing. Remind yourself how much you love seeing that scale go down each week. It WILL move again shortly, it really will. I often would lose <1 pound and then the next week 3+, only to be repeated every 2 weeks.

My biggest help when people would ask me if I wanted something..."No thank you, I'm getting what I want"
  • cnegi
    cnegi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on the IP for 4 weeks & so far I've lost 14lbs. Looking forward to finally getting healthier!
  • Monica_BP
    Monica_BP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Started Ideal protein 2 weeks ago! Sofar have lost 7 lbs, however my hunger and headaches has not yet subsided! anyone else has the same issue?
  • Monica_BP
    Monica_BP Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    great! do still experience headaches and hunger?:smile:
  • I don't know whaat IP is or where to get info but I went on a utrition goal program on my own last Oct. I have macros at 75% Protein and 15% Carbs and 10% Fats and I lost 60 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle ? Lost 6 inches in waist pants size ans I think I look kind of skinny but Dr says I am Obese at 220 and 6 ft ? what is IP I am have energy issues with my high intensity weight lifting and hit a wall at 220 go fro 215 to 222 back and forth ? and work my flexors but have about a 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch of stubborn fat that prevents me from the holy grail 6 pac and getting PO !

I am gaining weight but not worried it is muscle weight and still can't loose that last trouble spot . I call it my belly patch not even a belly and very vascular arms even up bicepts but trouble with that small amount around my belly help
  • kfue
    kfue Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey all,
    My hubby and I plan on starting IP just after the new year. His will be doctor supervised and I am going to try it out on my own. I've been doing a ton of research on it and am excited to start.

I found the following sites really helpful:

Recipes: http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes
    Info on each of the Phases and recipes: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/184422-ideal-protein-diet-phases.html
    Grocery Shopping list: http://www.idealyouwlc.com/client-resources/grocery-shopping-on-ideal-protein/

the 3fatchicks site has so much info on IP and a lot of recipes. I def recommend you check it out (if you haven't already).
  • jkippy
    Options
    I have been on IP for 5 weeks now and lost 14lbs. I have never been successful before because of the temptation of a glass of wine with friends. This time I have followed it exactly. The first week or two is extremely hard. The headaches do subside! It was a horrible feeling I remember. I can't believe my clothes fit again in such a short time!
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Started Ideal protein 2 weeks ago! Sofar have lost 7 lbs, however my hunger and headaches has not yet subsided! anyone else has the same issue?

I am on a modified plan but following the IP plan. When I got down to 50some grabs of carbs per day I started having carb withdrawals (there is such a thing, aka carb flu). It's supposed to go away after time.
  • rachelrae215
    Options
    Hello I am IP coach. The main reason people get hungry is due to cheating (many times it is unintentional) so review your journal with your coach in case there is something you may be missing. The headaches should have gotten better by day 4. Make sure you are taking all of your supplements, water, and SALT. Of coarse I don't know you at all and you also may still be feeling these symptoms because of the way you were eating before the diet. Typically the more carbs you had before you started the longer it takes to adjust. If done correctly with no cheating, this diet will work and you will feel amazing! I encourage you to keep on following protocol. Good luck!
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am new to this low carb eating and I really like it. I am only on day 10. I lost 5 and a half pounds my first week. I will say the last week I had a couple of tough days. I felt very hungry but then I realized that I needed more veggies in the afternoon to munch on and I felt much better. I am finding my second week better already. I have so much energy! I have had a few headaches but I just drink an extra cup of coffee and I feel better. I think its important to have a good coach. I am hoping to lose 20 pounds so I have 15 more to go. I encourage anyone struggling to just push thru it. It gets better!
  • iluvak2
    Options
    I am on day 3 of my first week. Been hungry along the way, but managing it.
  • mmlrabin
    mmlrabin Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on day 3 of the IP diet. I find afternoons the hardest as I have trouble staying focused at work and feel a bit sluggish. I wouldn't say i'm hungry, just more tired. If i do get hungry, are we allowed to snack on extra veggies between meals?
    i welcome any words of motivation!
  • strictly1913
    Options
    I so fell off the wagon however in the two weeks I did do it I lost 10lbs. I am glad to find this blog and pray it is interactive because I find what I need the most is the support. I totally don't make the right food choices and I have to lost this weight. On a 40lb tough journey. Anyone in the Marylanmd area on this program?
  • ddnchi
    ddnchi Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm on week 6 of ideal protein. I have cheated 2 weeks & followed it to a T the other 4. I'm down 21.5 total inches & 20 lbs. I have found what works best for me is having the shake in the morning and another with my verges for lunch. I'm thrilled and looking forward to the end of August to see if I meet my goal.
  • ddnchi
    ddnchi Posts: 3
    Options
    I use my lunch shake as an afternoon pick me up. I have 2 cups verges for lunch and a salad. A couple hours later, I have a chocolate shake. While I cook dinner I eat the chip packet or a bar to keep me from eating while I cook. I also take crystal light energy in a 32 oz water bottle for the afternoon. Hope this helps a little!