Cottage cheese.

Options
I love this stuff, but I can't just eat it plain. I've been mixing a cup of the lowfat kind with a 4 oz. container of dannon ligh 'n fit yogurt. This morning I had some with a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder. Any body have any other suggestions of how to make it yummy?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• food_junkie
    Options
    I love this stuff, but I can't just eat it plain. I've been mixing a cup of the lowfat kind with a 4 oz. container of dannon ligh 'n fit yogurt. This morning I had some with a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder. Any body have any other suggestions of how to make it yummy?

:flowerforyou:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I add fruit to it. I really enjoy cottage cheese with pinapple. I have also tried it with applesauce and vanilla extract, which was really good.
  • memeburke
    Options
    Hi'
    I like it with pinapple or some times I use my favorite berries. I imagine you might be able to mix your favorite extract, such as Banana,orange, almond,lemon, coconut ,etc. you get the idea? Hope this might help.
    Shirley
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A while back, people were suggesting mixing instant sugar-free pudding into yogurt. Well I tried it in cottage cheese...YUMMERS!!!!! My favorite is cheesecake pudding. OMG, it is pretty darn similar to cheesecake! You could even crumble half of a graham cracker over the top to make it "authentic". My other favorites are banana cream and vanilla. NOT a fan with chocolate-it tasted really bitter for some reason.

Hope this gives you another idea!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I like the Cabot No Fat cottage cheese. And I slice up a banana and drizzle honey on it (and sometimes add A Dash "O Flax to it. Yummy!
    Also I'll toast a piece of whole wheat bread, top it with CC, then sprinkle some cinnamon/sugar on it.
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I usually opt for the savory side ................so I like to make salads and use cottage cheese on top instead of dressing.
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I MAKE MINE - KROGER LOWFAT COTTAGE CHEESE, 4 OZ DANNON LIGHT & FIT LOWFAT YOGURT (FRUIT-FLAVORED), 2TO 3 TBS OF KASHI - ORCHARD SPICE GRANOLA (OR) APPLE ORCHARD (OR) MOUNTAIN MEDLEY). ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! :bigsmile:
  • BYEBYEBELLY
    Options
    Strawberry/Cottage Cheese dessert

16 oz lowfat cottage cheese
    small tub fat free cool whip
    small package strawberry jello
    6-8 strawberries cubed
    mix together and enjoy
  • shortstack
    Options
    I sometimes put any flavor jello and it makes a real treat for my sweet tooth.
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Strawberry/Cottage Cheese dessert

16 oz lowfat cottage cheese
    small tub fat free cool whip
    small package strawberry jello
    6-8 strawberries cubed
    mix together and enjoy

That sounds really good! I'll have to try that!
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options
    I eat it with fruit. But, one of my favorites is to top on Quakers Rice Cakes. Try the Chocolate Crunch topped with the cottage cheese, sprinkle some splenda and then slices of strawberries and drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup on top. Or try the Apple Crisp, then the cottage cheese, splenda, sliced apples sometimes I'll add a drizzle of sugar free caramel. YUMM-O!!
  • Kayjanae
    Options
    cinnamon and sugar just a little. its amazing!
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    my favorite way to eat cottage cheese is with fresh sliced peaches - really yummy combo. When I was a teen I worked at a restaurant and one of the "sides" you could choose was cottage cheese with diced onions and french dressing on top. I've heard that it's just a Midwest thing but it was good. I'm sure you could do the same with fat-free french.
  • annmarie4ever
    Options
    I mix sugar free jam with it...yummm
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I guess I am just boring. I put black pepper in mine and mix it up. Sometimes I have fruit on the side but I usually don't mix them because black pepper and fruit don't go to well together. :laugh:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Buy some apple butter, or sugar-free jelly.

Both are great mixed in to cottage cheese. Its what I have for breakfast every day :)
  • jamster
    jamster Posts: 38
    Options

Both are great mixed in to cottage cheese. Its what I have for breakfast every day :)

MmMm..I LOVE apple butter! But it's high in cals..What brand do you use??
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I cut up so avocado and tomatoes with some dill and olive oil and mix it all up with some whole wheat toast for breakfast
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

MmMm..I LOVE apple butter! But it's high in cals..What brand do you use??

There is a local canning company in PA that makes it with no sugar added. Its approximately 40 cals for a tablespoon. You can also try fruit butters brand apple butter, which is 29 cals for a tablespoon.
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Until I read this thread, I though I preferred pineapple to just about any other mix in, but now I see I have some exploring to do.

(that idea with the strawberries sounds good!)

I do think I prefer a tangy mix-in to less assertive flavors.