Anyone else notice 1200 calories is not enough?

Options
12346»

Replies

• RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    beathorse.gif
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    me! I upped mine to 1709 but I always seem to net 1300-1400 calories. but I feel full and satisfied eating 3 meals and 2 snacks.
  • emichale13
    emichale13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yep glad to see that I am not the only one who struggles on 1200 cals per day. I felt pretty inadequate not being able to maintain on 1200 but the flip side of trying to stay under 1200 is that it motivates me to exercise which is GOOD.

Laughed out loud about the danger to all small things living when trying to stick under 1200.
  • evakel5
    evakel5 Posts: 3
    Options
    [:happy:

For diet is the best 1:Cauliflower on single cream-check calorie) cheese-check calorie when u buy it) with potatoes like mash but no butter nothing. 2: Spinach on single cream -check calories)with square potatoes no butter on them nothing, 3: any fish u can make it your self with no oils with rise 4: Fruit is good any 5: Every morning i only open my eye i eat banana only 6: Drink a lot water - And this 4 kg i loose with out no training and no gym U need remember do not eat too much calories on day and eat healthy !
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    No. If you eat well and don't eat junk then it's perfectly doable. Fruit and veg have hardly any calories...Take it you're not eating them.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1250 calories but always eat back most of my exercise calories - so notice that I'm usually _actually_ eating around 1350. Have changed goal to that and decided not to worry as long as I don't see too many red numbers. :)
  • SkyMGray
    Options
    1200 calories is usually enough for me, and I'm a 5'7" female whose starting weight was 225. It's all about eating lower calorie options for snacks, like fruits and vegetables. 1200 calories is enough when you are smart about your eating and can stretch it through the whole day :smile: I'm also in class and at work most of the day, which helps. Plus my workouts burn around 1,000 calories.
  • nickyvw
    nickyvw Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nope :)
    But then again, I eat LOADS of low calorie foods like veggies, buckwheat ramen noodles, fruit. Have a peak at my diary. I only have one day probably every 2 weeks that I am a little hungry. Other than that my dinner bowl is massive because I beef it up with tons of veggies.

I took a peek at your diary, and you're above 1200 almost every single day?? Also, I don't see the "tons of veggies" you are referring to. Btw, your diary isn't up to date either. :)
  • friendthegirl
    Options
    I was eating 1,200 for a while and wasn't hungry. I made sure everything I ate had a fair amount of fiber. I had room for small more calorific things, a couple of Hershey kisses for example. While I wasn't hungry, it did take thinking about food often, as there is no range to fall into. Going below 1,200 is not good for you, but going over is going over. At 1,410, if I go under then great (I'll keep it above 1,200), if it hit my mark then also great, and if I go over now and then, I probably wont be 800 calories over. 1,410 is more manageable, so I'll be more likely to keep it up permanently. That extra 210 is like a gin and Le Croix, or a cookie, sometimes I want some gin, or a cookie. I want to be a healthy weight, something I can do permanently, and a good quality of life.