BK Big King Review

Options
tomomatic
tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
I've been wanting to try BK's blatant ripoff of the Big Mac for a while so I stopped by BK today. I figured there might be some other folks here that might be a little curious so I thought I'd share my thoughts here.

Overall, it was pretty underwhelming. The bread was kinda bland and the beef itself was kinda rubbery. They try to say that "flame broiled is better" but that wasn't the case. That special sauce had zero taste. It kinda sucked. I want my 510 calories back. The only upside to eating this instead of the Big Mac is that the Big King has less carbs, sodium and calories.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. If you're going to spend your calorie allowance on something awesome, look elsewhere. This is not the sandwich that you're looking for.

Replies

• IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Burger King has the whopper...that's about all I care about really there.

The different variations of them are good. I remember they had a dollar mcrib sandwich that was aight if you were craving that type of thing.
  • vniemo2
    vniemo2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had one around 6 weeks ago, and also thought is was lackluster.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not sure why they wanted to try and rip off big macs since i think the whopper is the better between the two.

the bk fish sandwich is also better than mcdo's

and dont even get me started on the fries....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Meh I had one and I wasn't impressed.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    So you gorged yourself on the Big King as a public service? Okay, gotcha.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

If by gorged you meant he had food and reviewed it for us, so we wouldn't waste our time. Yes.

Thanks for the review. I'm more of a Whopper girl. Myself.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just can't mess with the good ole Whopper. Mmmmm....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

A 510 calorie hamburger is "gorging"?

Your food diary must be pure sadness.
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! My husband loves BK so we do go there every once in awhile. I'll stick with my Whopper, no onions no mayo. It is yummy.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Eating food doesn't mean gorging and being judgy doesn't burn calories. ;)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Whoppers are my favorite! I don't think I order any other burger from there lol I also miss their chicken fries :ohwell: and now I'm salivating!
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Aw, another newb has arrived to shout out just how bad fast food is.
    snookineedtogo.gif
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I'm so HARNGRY with burger king.

GIVE US THE BLACK NINJA!!

tumblr_mvyaj4qpjZ1qbpmvho1_500.jpg
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.....Whoppers..........
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i think i posted this as a status within the last couple weeks, but will sum up here.

i pitted the big mac (thursday night) against a big king (friday night).

my findings were that a big mac simply cannot be duplicated.
    it made me realize that while flame-broiling is a wonderful method by which to cook the juicy beefs, it just isnt made for this particular sandwich.
    a 2 patty/3bun sandwich is best served with meat off the flat-top.
    i also found the big king to be unnecessarily messy. i have never had an issue keeping a big mac together. granted, you sometimes do have to eat with bites strategically taken from opposing sides, but the big king was sliding all over the place regardless of using this technique.
    the cheese was also far too melted. slap that single on at the END. i dont want cheese SAUCE...i want a recognizable piece of processed cheese food. let it be seen, and felt, and tasted in all its glory!

that said....2 for $5 aint bad.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    This is how I felt about Wendy's Pretzel Bun Bacon Cheeseburger, but I kept eating them just to make sure.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I had one and also found it underwhelming.

In my opinion, can't beat Burger King's crispy chicken. It's one fast food item I could become addicted to.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
    Meh, more like a "Passive-Agressive Whopper"! For less cals, and maybe a dollar more I can get a Triple Whopper (3W) and feel happy afterwards.

Fun fact: A BK 3W (no mayo, pickles) has less sodium than any of Wendy's $1+ value menu sandwiches, let alone any of their manlier ones! To think I used to eat 3-4 of those for more than a day's worth of sodium when I should've eaten a BK 3W for less than a 1/3 the sodium and would've been just as full!
    #TheMoreYouKnow
  • evanblove
    evanblove Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the review. I will stick with my Dairy Queen FlameThrower GrillBurger or Culver's Butter Burger